that's all they wrote

"Kyra Davis?"

Kyra stopped etching her name into the wooden table and slowly picked up her head. She looked towards the door, where she had heard her name being read, and saw a smartly dressed woman who she had never seen around before. 

"Kyra. There's an urgent message for you down at the office. If you could just follow Miss Turner here." Kyra’s eyes drifted to her biology teacher and sighed as she looked between the two women. She pushed her stool back, and the ear-splitting screeching could be heard around the lab. She dragged her feet around the tables but was stopped by Miss Turner. 

"You might want to pack up your things Kyra." She glanced up at the clock and saw that they were only twenty-five minutes into the lesson. She thought about what kind of message would take up over thirty-five minutes of her time.

With a roll of her eyes, she swiftly turned back around and walked back to her table. She closed her textbook and exercise book and placed it in her bag. She picked up her thick knitted cardigan and slung her bag over one shoulder. Purposely dragging her feet back towards Miss Turner, she smiled in amusement as she noticed her classmates wincing as the soles of her shoes scraped along the floor. She could feel everybody's eyes on her; some whispering to each other as she walked past them all.

"See you next lesson Kyra, and do not forget to attempt the exam style questions that I set. They’re on page one-five-two." Kyra hummed in response and walked through the door not looking back.

Kyra walked out the room and noticed Miss Turner hadn't followed her out. She leaned against the wall next to the lockers and sighed. Tilting her head back, she closed her eyes and let the silence engulf her. She was tired, as she had been staying with her Dad for the past week, finding it difficult to catch any sleep there. On top of that she had to wake up earlier due to him living further away from her college. 

In the midst of her thoughts she heard the door open and then close before sensing a presence in front of her. Kyra opened her eyes and saw Miss Turner standing in front of her. She studied her closely noting she hadn’t seen her before today. She concluded that she must be new. Kyra had noticed on the way out, all the boys in her class ogling at her and making comments about her body. The burgundy pencil skirt she was wearing fit her like a glove, carving out her small waist and wide hips whilst the long sleeve black top she was wearing clung to her like second skin.

"If you could just follow me down to the office-"

"What did I do now?" Kyra asked monotonously. She wondered if she was being suspended. Otherwise why did she have to grab all her things?

Miss Turner gave a small laugh as Kyra waited for her to tell her what she had done.

"You are not in trouble again Miss Davis. I just have a message for you down in the office." Kyra raised an eyebrow as the word again slipped past Miss Turners lips. Miss Turner realized and gave her a small smile. “Heard a lot about you Kyra.” Kyra looked dumbfounded as Miss Turner turned on her heels and walked down the corridor. After a couple of seconds she turned back around to Kyra indicating that she follow her. Kyra lifted her back off the wall and trailed behind her grudgingly. 

Walking down the corridor all that could be heard was the sound of Miss Turners heels. Kyra started to wondering who this message was from. She thought maybe it was her Dad, letting her know he would be late again from work... but then he would've just texted her. Kyra reached into her pocket and pulled out her phone just to check if he did message her. She slid her thumb across the screen, unlocking it a small smile appeared on her face as she read the subtly flirty messages from Joseph, someone she had been talking to for a couple of months now.