Chap. 2

I came home, after the competition, and I immediately climbed down the stairs to go to my room. My room was in the basement and I loved it. It was dark purple/ black and enormous, since my house was huge. I had a kitchen that was stocked with food and mini appliances. A bathroom with a shower and tub. A walk in closet filled with tons of clothes, hey I was a girl. And a little workout area that had a punching bag that I put to good use and a few other things.

As soon as I entered I plopped down on my couch with my iPod and started to listen to some music. After awhile I started drifting off to sleep when I heard someone coming down the stairs and felt my snake tense around my ear hissing a warning. I reached into my boot and pulled out my knife, a gift from my father. I preferred physical contact instead of using magic to disable my victim. In the competition I just wanted to embarrass Derekk as quick as possible so I didn’t care at that time.

Flipping onto my feet I walked to the far corner silently. I reached out into my mind pulling out my protective shield again, just in case.  I had reacted so fast that my enemy was still descending. It occurred to me that he wasn’t being so stealthy.

I watched as he came down, scanning the area but not seeing me. Amateur. When he turned his back to me I came out running silently and pounced on him. We fell, me on top of him. Leaning onto him I pressed the knife to his neck

“W-wait! Stop!” He gasped. I hesitated and looked into his eyes for deception but all I saw was panic. I didn’t drop my guard though.

“Who are you?” I hissed venomously.

“I-I-I’m” He stuttered shaking. That’s all he got out before the door opened and feet pounded on the stairs. I growled and looked up to see my brother.

“Scar! Get off of him!” Riley said.

That’s all I needed to hear before flipping off him and standing, taking a few steps back. I trusted my brother with all my heart. Riley was only a year older than me but he always protected me, even f I didn’t need it. He wouldn’t do anything to put me in danger so I didn’t doubt him.

He went over and pulled the tremulous boy up. He looked weak to me and I wondered what he was. Probably a fairy.

They both turned to me, the boy too scared to looked at me. I saw Riley smile a little.

“This is Greg.” I didn’t think he was important. I didn’t recall that name from any royal families or rich families, like mine. I noticed Greg staring at my sharp knife in slight horror. I raised my eyebrow but said nothing.

Greg looked up at me, finally, and held out a shaking hand. Deciding to put the boy out of his misery I took a step forward and stuck out my hand, I guess a little too fast, since he flinched, but everything creatures did was fast. His hand was w arm but not too warm that made him a werewolf. But I knew that since he was weak and werewolves were far from weak.

Greg shuddered at the coldness of my hand but said nothing. I took my hand back and looked at Riley. He was watching the scene with amusement in his eyes.

“I’m Scar.” I told Greg. He looked up slightly surprised that I sounded angelic.

“So what are you doing here?” I asked bluntly, and there goes angelic. Riley laughed. “Scar don’t scare him away.” I looked at him confused, causing him to laugh some more. “He’s human.” I was a bit surprised but it made sense about the way he acted.

”So what are you going to do with it?” Some people used them as food entertainment or just for presents.

“It?!” Greg asked shocked. /Riley clutched his stomach laughing.