4.6 - idontknowwhattocallthis

1:02 AM

Skylar watched as Luke tugged on the door one more time, desperately trying to get inside the building.

Luke had brought Skylar back to the arcade they were at before, because for some reason he thought that they had to continue their adventure even though there was nothing left for them to do. Skylar was beginning to get bored, and she was more tired than anything. She almost wished that Luke would just give it up and let them go back to the hotel.

He was acting like these were their last hours together, and Skylar really hoped that that wasn't the case. She wanted her and Luke to stay together after this night, but judging from the way Luke was acting Skylar was starting to have her doubts.

She wasn't even sure what Luke was doing right now or why he was acting this way, so she stood and silently watched as he pulled and pulled at the door of the arcade - that had closed hours ago - like he thought that if he tugged enough he would be able to get in.

"Luke," Skylar swallowed hard, her voice coming out quietly, and put a hand on his shoulder. "It's not open."

"Stop it!" Luke snapped at Skylar, stumbling away from her.

"What are you doing?" Skylar asked. Luke just shook his head and covered his face with his hands, like he was trying to hide himself.

"I'm trying to open the fucking door, what the hell does it look like I'm doing?" He yelled, turning to face her again.

"Why? We don't need to - "

"I want to go in, Sky. Stop distracting me, I'll get this open." Luke huffed, then went to the door again and continued to pull at the door handled.

"I don't know why you're - "

"I want to play some fucking Pac-Man, Jesus Christ. Why is this place closed?" Luke shouted, kicking at the bottom of the door. "Who closes an arcade at one in the morning?"

Skylar didn't answer him, she just folded her arms across her chest and stared back at Luke, trying to decide if she should continue to question him or not. He hadn't yelled at her like that since earlier that day, and Skylar didn't think that she was ever going to hear Luke yell at her that way again. She didn't know what to do, she didn't know why Luke was doing this.

"Are - are you okay?" Skylar asked again, and Luke just shook his head.

"No, I'm not okay. God, everything is falling apart!" Luke groaned, and then sat down on the ground. He brought his knees up to his chest and put his head down, and Skylar could hear him start to cry again.

Luke cried a lot.

"Luke..." Skylar sighed. She took a seat next to him and put a hand on his shoulder, as if that was going to somehow make things better. "What's wrong?"

"We're running out of time, baby." Luke sniffed, looking up at Skylar again. She reached out and cupped the sides of his face in her hands, using her thumbs to wipe away the few tears that had fallen from his eyes.

"No we're not." Skylar said, shaking her head. Why did Luke keep worrying so much about time? They were going to have time, weren't they? When they got back to Australia they were going to keep in touch and continue...this, whatever 'this' was.

Skylar really liked (or possibly loved) Luke, and she wasn't ready to lose him. She was willing to try and make things work between them because she believed that Luke had changed and was also willing. He really had changed, he'd told Skylar that. He wasn't the same Luke that he used to be.