00:04

.

Ellie

.

I was on lock down that weekend. Solid lock down that consisted of locked windows, locked front door, locked back doors and even locked basement door. Solid. Lockdown. Only thing missing was metal bars on my bedroom door. But figuratively, there were bars on my bedroom door. And those bars where basically the maids.

My Father instructed one maid every time to check up on me every hour. If that didn't piss me off, he even ordered them to come in my room and check my bed. That irked me to another level. Oh, and he wasn't done. I had to wake up and actually show the maid I was still in the room. Sometimes, my Father's kind of punishment has me thinking some way.

When Shish, a maid that reminded me of Professor Umbrige strolled in my room like a herd of cows, I was beyond annoyed. She practically shook me awake and boomed loudly in my ear. I scowled at her before dumping my head back into the softness of my pillow. "I'm still here." I moaned at her and waited for her get out. When I heard the door slam shut, I let myself fall back to sleep.

But of course, that didn't happen. I lifted my heavy head and glimpsed at my side clock. It was a good thirty minutes before midnight and I had no way to contact Nate to tell him I probably wasn't going to make it tonight. I could only see him tomorrow at school.

A minute later, my door opened again. "Shish already checked up on me!" I yelled at whoever entered. I didn't even bother looking over my shoulder to see who it was as I pulled my covers over my head. "I'm not even going to get proper sleep like this. This is not healthy!"

"Stop shouting."

I snapped my head up so fast I was scared I actually snapped it. I lifted my upper half off the bed and rolled to my side, knifed upwards at the same time. I watched with a weird expression on my face as Maila ran to my side of the bed. I reached past her and put on the bed side light and saw her face was all flustered and red.

"You have one hour to go and come back."

.

.

"Who's this?" My father had asked, his eyes fixed relatively icy on Nate. I visibly shivered for him, taking a step down from the stairs and itching closer to Nate's side.

My Mom's eyes followed my every move, her jaw tight. She looked perfect next to her husband, a perfect housewife, alluring and obedient. She shadowed every move my Father made, said the right things at the right time. Silent went she had to be. She was the perfect lady for my Father.

"This is-" I started to say, my voice fading when I saw the chills my dad clearly penetrated. He was staring at me now, the scary glint evident in his rock hard eyes. Although he asked a question, he didn't tell me to speak.

I felt Nate itch closer to me until the length of his arm was pressed to my side. Strangely, I thought he was trying to protect me.

"I did not ask you to speak, Elisandra." I dropped my head at the use of my full name, knowing perfect well how much trouble I was in. I don't know why but I felt the sting of tears, the thickness building up in my throat, my fingers already trembling. I could never hold in my tears.

"Nathaniel Lewis. If I ever see you in my house again or near my daughter I will see to you personally. See yourself out."

Nate was gone a second later but I didn't have to be a genius to know he wasn't happy about it.

.

.

After that, was practically history and it lead to my harsh lockdown. So my Father knew Nate even though the first thing he asked was who he was. It didn't pass me that both my Father and Malia knew Nate and it irked every cell within me body. I needed to know how they knew him.