Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Taylor...

(Evan's Car----------->)

I tried my best to give my date a brilliant smile as he opened the car door for me, and gallantly offered his hand to assist me out of the car. It's been 13 days, 14 hours, 26 minutes, and 53 seconds since I drove away and left Evan in the parking lot behind the bakery. He said he couldn't give me what I was looking for, a committed relationship. And he just gave up like that...But I couldn’t be upset about it, I had made my point clear and now I have to stand by my decisions.

 But now here I am on a yet another meaningless date. Another desperate attempt to get that man out of my head. I sat down and let the waiter, with an elegant snap of his wrist, place my napkin in my lap before he took our beverage orders. I barely paid attention to  the pretentious dribble about the wine list that Doug, wait...No, his name is Dan....um...Dave, yeah, that people like Dave used when they want to sound like they are intelligent and well traveled. Whatever, it took all that I had to keep the polite smile on my face as I willed myself not to roll my eyes at the preening man.

 We made small talk and I evaded every one of his tired unoriginal techniques to get me to say that I wanted more from him, something more than what our plans originally called for this evening. No way was he even getting to first base, I was so tempted to just tell him to take me home, but my stubborn pride wouldn't let me. Instead of working Evan and all his masterful delights out of my system, I found myself comparing every man I have managed to ensnare into a date. It would piss me off at first, and then I would find myself staring across the street at the front entrance to his showroom and shop praying just to catch just a glimpse of him.

 "Ce qui fait cet homme pour moi?" (What has this man done to me?) I thought as Dave continued to prattle on about himself, what looked to be his favorite subject.

Thank God we were on the last course of our meal so therefore this disastrous date was coming to a close. Finally, my loquacious companion stopped his verbal vomiting long enough for me to excuse myself to go to the powder room. And I tried to moderate my steps to make it look like I wasn't running away from the tedious man. I pushed the door and stepped into the immaculate restroom and almost cried in relief to see that it was empty.

 I dropped my zipper and stepped up to the porcelain urinal and aimed for the bar of air freshener in the bottom of the drain and let go. I sighed as my full bladder emptied itself. I finished and I was just about to reach for the wipes that were so courteously provided for our personal hygiene when I was grabbed from behind and abruptly sealed against a massive chest. My shocked brain registered the unforgettable scent of leather and expensive cologne a second before I opened my mouth to scream.

 I was wrapped in his massive arms and crushed against his wide chest as Evan rubbed his nose through my hair breathing me deep into his lungs. A sinful needy whimper left my throat when I became aware of the steel pipe he called an erection pressed against my ass. I felt every inch of that strapping body pressed intimately against mine. The temperature of the room seemed to have sky rocketed as his lips glided down the side of my neck and back up again. He bit my earlobe and my hips took on a mind of their own and they rocked back into the cradle of his groin, silently offering what my voice could not.

 "You have ruined me, totally and irrefutably annihilated me. You casually walked into my life and made me question everything I know about myself....you make me need. You make me want to give you pretty words and bouquets of fucking flowers just to see you smile. Fuck!" He growled before he spun me around and smashed his lips to mine. I groaned and he swallowed the sound as he ravished my mouth. The next thing I knew he was gone just as suddenly as he appeared. I was left standing there trembling like a babe. It took me a few minutes to even realize that Evan had tucked me back into my slacks and zipped me up.