Chapter 16 - Playing Melody

Chapter 16

Dominic

Fuck, what the hell did we miss?

Cindy came in while we were.. um.. making out and told us Jeremy and Shane were fighting.

But I hadn’t expected to see Melody standing in the room.

Alyssa was buttoning her shirt as everyone finally turned their attention away from us and to Melody. I pulled my shirt over my head.

Melody was glaring at us, that glare that seems to always be plastered on her face.

“What the hell is she doing here?” Alyssa asked, angry.

“I let her in,” Shane said, monotone. He seemed pist.

“Why?” Me, Jeremy, Alyssa, and Ella all asked.

“Because I came here to apologize,” Melody said, pushing herself off the wall.

Apologize? I know Melody.

I know Melody inside and out and I know for a fact... She never apologize.

I watched her carefully.

She walked over to Jeremy and Ella.

“I’m sorry,” she said, getting me to raise my eyebrow. “I shouldn’t have taken advantage of Jeremy. Look I’m sure Shane told you, but I knew that you were on the Obeyer. I knew that you would do anything I said so I told you to kiss me. I’m sorry, Jeremy and I’m sorry Ella. I can see how in love you guys are,” she added, smiling.

Omg that smiled was so fake.

“Thank... you?” Jeremy said, unsure. I almost laughed.

“It’s fine,” Ella said, more sure than Jeremy. “You didn’t really do anything anyways,” she added, slipping her hand into Jeremys.

Damn I miss everything!

But of course, I didn’t miss the frown on Melody’s face, before covering it up with a smile.

She walked over to me and Alyssa.

“It wasn’t right for me to think I even had a chance with Dominic again. I know how madly in love he is with you, even when we were dating. I mean, he told me right away.”

That’s true, I did.

Alyssa eyed her carefully.  

It was clear she wasn’t going to talk.

“Um, Dominic can I talk to you, in private?” Melody asked, looking at me with pleading eyes.

I wonder how long she practiced that face on a mirror?

“Sure,” I said. I felt Alyssa grip my arm. I looked over at her and sent her a reassuring smile. She didn’t look convinced.

I wrapped my arm around her waist, pulling her into a kiss. Breathlessly I pulled away, walking to the locker room with Melody.

“Ok Melody what’s your angle?” I asked, turning to face. She looked at me in confusion.

“What angle?”

“Oh please, Melody! Apologizing? What are you planning?”

She looked at me for a long time before smirking.

There it was.

“I just can’t get anything by you can I? she said, leaving against a locket.

I knew it.

“What is it you want Melody?” I asked, crossing my arms.

She pushed herself off the locker moving closer to me. She smiled seductively.