Newer places, newer faces

You lived in Holland most of your life and you loved it for most of the part but you were growing restless of it. You wanted to go out and explore. You wanted to see what the world held and you wanted to learn more about all the things out there. It was nice in Holland and you loved everyone there but somewhere else was calling your name. You haven't found it quit yet but you were willing to search. Maybe it was California or maybe New York or Georgia. It was somewhere far from home and you were willing to go out and look. You wanted to meet new people and learn from them. You had a thirst for knowledge, you craved to learn, you thrived on others intelligence and what better way to get it all than traveling? After many months of help, constant thinking, and countless hours of work, you made it possible to go to America, visiting California first.

You settled into your hotel and head out to explore with a map and a book bag hanging off your back. You look around, shielding your eyes from the suns beating rays. It was hotter than what it would've been back home but you wore a pair of shorts and a tank top, ready to take on the heat. You finally get lost once you realize you passed the same light post twice. You rest your back on the post, staring down the map. Someone takes the map from your hands and flips it around.

"I seen you struggling and thought it would be best if you had the map the right way," a girl smiles sweetly at you. It was a contagious smile and you thank her. She asks if you'd like to tag along with her and she'd show you around.

She took you by everything, pointing out a lot of things. She greeted many people on the way, another girl tagging along. You went by the beach and a music shop and many other things. She promised to go by a skateboarding shop later to get you a board and a clothing shop to get you a bathing suit so you guys could skate and go to the beach later on. You joked with them and they were the funniest people you've been around in awhile. Your friends were great back home but they had something different about them and they made you happy. They made you want to stay here for a lifetime, your idea of leaving to travel the rest of America out the window. They made you happy and feel comfortable here. You thought it'd take awhile to get use to it but it felt like a second home to you. It seemed like you knew the two your whole life and it felt amazing to feel the way you did.

They take you to a local diner and you look over all the possibilities and sigh at all the food goodness available. They help you decide on a hamburger, fries, and a milkshake. You laughed at how basic it seemed but thanked them for helping you. They were surprised at how great your manners were and you of them. When you were on your own, you bumped into a few rude people and you only hoped it wasn't like that throughout California. You were thankful for meeting such kind girls and that they made you feel welcomed and happy.

You spot an old fashion jukebox in the corner of the diner and get giddy. You loved them and felt excited to finally get to use one. You walk up to it to pick one of your old favorites, bobbing your head in the process. You turn around and dance, your new friends giggling and laughing at you. You giggle yourself and close your eyes, still dancing. You hunch over, kicking your feet back, only to kick and bump into someone.

"I'm so sorry," you throw a hand over your mouth and turn around. You come face-to-face with the cutest guy you've ever seen. Your eyes widen and you look over his shoulder, staring at the girls who eyes were wide and faces red, ready to explode with laughter.

"It's ok. I'm Drew," he smiles at you and you introduce yourself, blushing and putting a piece of hair behind your ear. You guys start talking to each other but you see your food being served.

"Um, sorry again. That was kind of embarrassing," you mumble with a strangled laugh. You shuffle your feet with a sigh and point to your table. "I better getting going. Maybe I can see you around?"

"I'm having a party later and I'd love to see you and your awesome dance moves there. Here's directions," he grabs your hand and writes it down, number too, with a sharpie he pulled out of his pocket, many ideas coming to mind as why he had a sharpie on hand. Maybe he always charmed girls into going to his parties?

"It was nice meeting you, Drew," smile brightly at him and he smiles back.

"You too. I hope to see you at my party later, (Y/N)," he waves and heads out the door. You didn't notice when you walked in but he had his eyes on you the whole time, hoping to get to see you later somehow. You head back to your table, head hung low and you sway back and forth.

"We got a party to attend to tonight, girls," you throw your head up to the two, holding your hand up with words scribbled on it, jumping around and laughing with the two. You all agreed to go to the mall after you were done eating and get ready together.