Resisting the Wolf Chapter Two

Chapter 2

Copyright - All Rights Reserved 

His fingers tighten on my jaw lifting my head towards his; a sense of determination simmered within me and I stared at his chin. I would not look in his eyes.

“What’s your name love?” his low husky voice accentuated his alluring demeanour. I pressed my lips together refusing to reply. The whole room had simmered down to a silence; nobody moved apart from the Sasha who was slightly shaking beside me I wanted nothing more than to grab her hand and squeeze it in comfort but it would be taken as a sign of weakness by the monster and I would not be weak.

The tension in the room was palpable, girls leaned forward almost falling off their platforms eaves dropping, and even the werewolves in the room were looking at us with interest. Some of the guards moved forward surrounding the Alpha but two still remained by the doors, making escape impossible, not that I had a chance to escape anyway with the monsters hands around me, one draped around my waist and the other still gently gripping my chin, the heat from his hand coursed through me. His hand was probably bigger than my face he could probably bitch slap King Kong with that hand I stifled a smile as the image popped into my head. He smiled down at me, the expression looked odd on his face. I had studied his face repeatedly in order to help with my task, I had studied every single magazine, book, and news show and never had I seen him smile he was always extremely serious. I could feel my heart stutter as his thumb slowly moves to brush across my cheek. I flinch away, if he touches me too much my body will respond to his, until I crave him that’s how they suck you in but I will not be like my mother. It’s only little things at first a few butterflies here and there but slowly it will get worse until I depend on him and I refuse to depend on anyone. I step back aware of our close proximity his eyes narrow in response and I can feel his arm tighten around me pulling me into his firm chest. Its then that my brain decides to kick into action as though defrosted from the shock. I look up starring straight into his brown orbs.

“ I reject you, I don’t want you as a mate” it was hardly ever done, no one ever rejected their mate, human mates were too scared and werewolves were too high on love. His face twisted into anger his chocolate eyes narrowing angrily with an intensity that had be quaking in fear, although I refused to let it show.

“How dare you, you are human you do not get a say in this. You are mine and that’s final.” His low voice was more of a growl as he snarled at me. I closed my eyes trying to slow down my accelerating heartbeat I will not show fear because fear is weakness. However amidst in the fear anger spiked within me. How dare he disregard me because of my species just because I was human did not mean I was weak. I felt his arms leave my body and when I opened my eyes again he was no longer in front of me instead he’d moved to the other side of the room, talking to the man in charge. I studied the Alpha from afar, his stature exuded power even from here and his frame easily dominated over the man as they talked in hushed voices. I let myself breath for a moment, relieved that he wasn’t in my vicinity. I turned to Sasha, her body was shaking slightly, but her face did not show fear, her face showed determination. She looked to me and mouthed

‘Joel’ I nodded knowing what she meant. Everything would be fine Joel would shoot the werewolf and we would run. That was the plan and we would stick to the plan.

Two guards slowly approached me. They stepped up onto the platform, one on either side of me, I stepped off of the platform in an attempt to get away but the gripped my forearms tightly, keeping me as close as possible to them.

I shouted every profanity I knew until a meaty, sausage-fingered hand covered my mouth effectively shutting me up. One of them took out some handcuffs and secured my wrist while another picked up my body and carried me awkwardly to where my ‘mate’ was standing. As soon as he placed me on my feet I made a sprint for the door, a foolish move considering there were still guards posted there but I had to try. Before I was half way there I felt two hands wrap around my waste. My hands, still hand cuffed behind me, awkwardly pressed into his hard chest I could feel the heat of his hands on my bare stomach as he roughly spun me around so I was face to face with him. I looked up at him drinking in his features, even our textbook pictures could not convey how devastatingly handsome the Alpha was. His dark brown hair spilled over slightly onto his forehead, he had a straight nose and a strong jaw line it was as though he had been sculpted into perfection. I looked down at the ground; not wanting to believe such a monster was so handsome.

“Why is she handcuffed?” he grunted at the guard

“Well, its just s-she was making a fuss and we thought sir, Alpha, sir I she- we” he stuttered out under the feral gaze of Alpha Kay

“And you can’t handle a little human girl making a fuss?” he growled at the guard. I glared at him. I wasn’t a little human girl! He was so patronising. I will not be stuck with him I mentally decided

“No sir we just thought that-“

“Secure her in our car and tell the driver we’re ready to leave” he said not bothering to listen to the guard. It was then that Zacharias emerged from the aisles

“Awwh come on Rhett, we cant go back to the pack, I haven’t found a pet yet” he whined playfully I grew alert as the conversation registered

“I cant go to the pack” I stated, the pack was a two day trip from here it was highly guarded and although it was only a few hours from rogue land it wasn’t where my father lived, instead it was next to the rougher areas, where rogue wolves lived. Jade and I snuck into that area once to watch a cage fight at one of the clubs there. It was one of the scariest yet exhilarating experiences I have ever had. Regardless I needed to get back to my father, not end up further away.  

“Why not?” the monster asked through gritted teeth, I could tell he was pissed off but I didn’t care, all I wanted was to go home, not the shack allocated to me by the pack but my home on rogue land, where I could sit in the kitchen drinking hot chocolate and listen to my grandma groan about my dad, or crawl up in my bed at night knowing I was safe from these monsters.

“I can’t leave my family and my friends and I haven’t finished school,” I blurted out what I really needed was to stay and figure out a plan.

“You do not need friends or family, I should be enough for you and you do not need school either you are my mate and I shall provide for you,” he stated his calm deep voice was stern and unwavering. Oh dear god was he a caveman or something.

“Please,” I said degrading myself to begging “ please just let me stay, just for a little while,” I looked deep into his eyes as though I could telepathically convince him to let me stay. I studied the dark flecks of black in his chocolate coloured eyes. I watched as his hand descended on my face, his fingers grazed my chin, tilting my head up slightly to look at him, he leaned forward and pecked my forehead, heat radiated from his lips onto my skin and even though he slowly leaned away I could still feel the tingling of where his lips had pressed against me.

“We can visit sometime in the future,” that infuriating sun of a gun.

Vote? Comment?