No! (werewolf short story)

"No! Dear God, get away from me!" I screamed and thrashed in his arms. His tounge lapped up the blood that had blossomed under his canines, making tha pain go away, but making the mark start to scar over. "Let me go! Let me go!"

"Diane, please listen to me." he begged, trying to hold onto me. "you have to stay with me." I broke away from him and ran for my life, tears streaming down my face and my brain struggling to remember what he had said that had mad me feel this way.

"Diane, I have to tell you something"

I kept running, then suddenly I feel face forward into the hard soil

"I'm different from you, my love"

My skin stung and I couldn't move, so I just gasped as my broken heart stuttered.

"Do you love me, Diane? Do you love me enough to stay with a monster?"

My only true love had betrayed me, making me think that he loved me. But monsters don't have hearts.

"I am a werewolf, and you, are my soul mate" he said, then he dug his teeth into my shoulder

My body wrapped around the mark that he had given me, and I hated it so much. Then I realized something, I wanted to go back to him, I wanted to go back to that thing. It has to be because of the bite mark, I thought, so maybe I just had to get rid of it. My fingernails dug into my shoulder and I tried not to wince as the blood started to bleed from it. I frantically tried to scrape it off and felt a horrible pain in my heart that started to grow, until suddenly I couldn't take it.

I screamed a sound of complete brokenness and heard a howl sound back. My mind had already shattered as soon as he had spoken those words, my realty was gone from when he had bit into me. So when I clawed off his mark, I was only a broken shell.

And

that

is

all

I

will

ever

be.