Chapter 3: Confrontation

Pushing away from Rayne, I looked away from his gaze. He knew what I was about to say next. 

"I can't do this, we can't do this. I'm sorry, please leave." Each word killed me a little inside, an ache in my chest growing steadily. 

All I heard was a loud pop, and I quickly dressed. Leaving the lingerie in the fitting room, I looked at Sophie sorrowfully. Sighing she got up and hugged me, because she knew of the pain I was in having to reject the one.

When I was done paying for Sophie's things, with her quietly protesting. But I just smiled at her, and contacted Casper, then teleporting to him. 

"I am sorry I could not keep her company long enough.... I shall see you another time." Looking down at my feet, but I was pulled to someones chest in comfort.  Sniffling, I hugged them back, knowing that Sophie had told him what had happened in the store. 

With a change of attitude I grinned evilly pulling away from Casper.  "Sophie, I almost forgot these."

Sophie gave me a horrified look, and Casper had stolen a thankful glance before looking at Sophie with a lustful look. I pushed into her head and thought your welcome... 

"Goodbye." I extended my wings, and took off into the sky. Knowing that I would be cloaked, and headed to my apartment building in the vampire city.  

Once I had landed onto the roof of the apartments, I walked to the door and I felt a powerful presence of my kind. Then I recognized it as the Demon King, or as humans would put it, Lucifer. When walking the stairs to my apartment, the presence got stronger as I descended the stairs. 

As I reached my door a stocky bodyguard stood at my door, I had to raise an eyebrow. Since when doo they start breaking into peoples apartments in vampire cities?

"Um...what are you doing infront of my door? Let me guess the King is in there, right?" I said sizing up the demon infront of me. He skeptically looked at me, and started to speak.

"You are Anna Craven. Correct?"

"Yes." He opened my door, and I noticed that it was broken-the lock. Sighing I stepped around the bulky dude, and into my apartment, seeing more bulky men-- some even bigger than the first.

All guarding an old man, but none the less a very important man. Bowing to the man, I felt my wings retract into my back, this amused the man. 

"Not to be mean or anything....But why are you in my apartment? Did I break the law or some other reason?" I asked looking at my King.

"I am here about my son, Rayne. I heard from him that you rejected him...and I wanted to see why." He stated, watching me curiously.

"You do know of my blood status and his? I do not think they are the same, leading to disgracefull atraction to your kingdom." I explained saddly, looking down at my kitten who was sitting at my feet. Hearing him sigh, I looked up.

"Did you know that my wife, was not a demon when I met her? I had to turn her, and no one complained about it. So why do you worry about something so silly as blood relations?"

"I do not know. I think that it is because I am the  only one of my kind, I thought that the concel would say otherwise."

A new voice came into our conversation, one that I knew all to well. "Then so what about the concil! They can all rot for all I care, why would you reject me for something like that?" Rayne had practicaly shouted at me, each word he came closer to me. When he stopped he had bent down, his face inches infront of mine.

"I-I am s-sorry." I had stuttered at his closeness and because of the want that boiled up in my chest.  The want to be with him, give him my all, and my brain had been yelling at me for doing something so stupid.

A hand came into my view, making me cringe back thinking that hand would strike me. But it did not instead Raynes hand cupped my cheek, caresing it.