Chapter 9

Edwards POV

Bella is 3 years old now. Carlisle decided that she is old enough to choose who will be her parents.

We are all in the living room waiting for Bella to wake up. I am trying to find every possible way to not listen to my family's thoughts.

Bella stirred upstairs. Everyone looked to the stairs. Bella walked out of her room and slowly approached the bottom of the stairs. I got up, knowing that she was too tired to make it down the steps, and picked her up. I sat back down, holding her on my lap.

"Good morning, Eddie." she yawned, hugging my neck.

Emmett snickered across the room. He gave Bella the idea for the nickname. He would call me that all the time and Bella picked it up. I only like her calling me "Eddie" because it is cute.

It was her first word. That was about a year ago. She didn't speak until she was 2 years old. Although, she is great at speaking anyway.

"Bella are you ready?" Carlisle asked her.

"For what?" she asked

"To choose who your 'parents' are?" Alice said, making air quotes.

"Oh" she mummbled.

"So, Bella. Who do you want to be your dad?" Esme asked.

Bella looked around at me, Jasper, Emmett, and Carlisle. She slowly raised her hand and pointed at Carlisle. Calisle smiled and Emmett pouted.

"Ok," Carlisle said, "Who do you want to be your mom?"

Bella then looked at Rosalie, Alice, and Esme. She raised her hand again and pointed at Esme. Esme's face lit up. Alice looked upset, but not as upset as Rosalie.

Alice, of coarse, new who she was going to choose, and so did I. Rosalie was upset. She always wanted a child of her own. She turned around and went upstairs.

"Why is Rosie sad?" Bella asked.

"She just wanted to be your mom." Alice said.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Bella mumbled.

"It's not your fault." I said.

Bella wiggled off my lap and slowly made her way up the stairs. She then slowly walked to Rosalie and Emmett's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am sooooooo sorry. I have not updated in months. I have not forgotten about this. I have recently started my first year of high school. I am also in a musical. I have also had a lot of writer's block with this story. I am also working on another story that I am REALLY excited about, check it out. Please forgive me for not updating. I will try harder. I know this isn't much but at least it is something. I also have yet to receive a response for a cover. So please send me some. ~Holly