4.5 - rooftop

12:34 AM

Luke was amazed at the stupidity of some of the people in this town.

He went to the tallest building he could find and ran around back, while dragging Skylar behind him of course, and easily got the door open without any struggle at all. It didn't take them long once they got inside to find another door leading to a staircase - that was also unlocked - that lead them all the way up to the roof.

"Have you done something like this before?" Skylar asked, turning around in a circle so she could get a full view of the stars above her.

"Huh?" Luke questioned, having spaced out for a moment. "Oh, yeah, the boys and I used to...sometimes, before things got really crazy."

Luke really regretted what he had become lately, because when he thought about it hard enough he honestly missed the boys more than anything. They all used to be so happy, traveling the world together as a band, but ever since Luke decided that he was better than everyone else, things became miserable for the other boys. They hardly ever got to have fun on their own anymore, because Calum, Michael, and Ashton were always too convened with Luke's whereabouts to go party themselves. Luke had never really thought about how his reckless behavior could affect his friends.

"Oh." Skylar nodded. She stopped spinning around and turned to face Luke, who had his hands buried deep in his pockets and was staring at the ground.

He was thinking, he'd been doing a lot of thinking ever since they were at the tattoo parlor. Mostly about Skylar, and how he was so scared that he was going to hurt her. As much as he hated it, he knew deep down that he would eventually. It may not be the next day, or the day after that, but there was going to come a time when Luke would fuck up again and hurt Skylar. It was honestly inevitable. That was Luke and that was how things had always been. He fucked up, and he ruined things for other people.

Skylar slowly made her way over to Luke and wrapped her arms around his waist from the side, burying her face into his chest. Luke tried to wrap his arms around her as well but instead he found himself bringing his hands up to his eyes again, because he was crying and wanted to get rid of the tears before Skylar noticed.

Luke just couldn't stop fucking crying.

"Do you know what time it is?" Skylar asked softy, startling Luke out of his thoughts.

He reached into the pocket of his jeans and pulled his phone out - which now had 9% battery left - and checked the time. "'Around 12:40." He mumbled.

"Alright." Skylar nodded. She was being too quiet for Luke, he didn't like it. He wanted her to start talking, and maybe distract him from how sad he was. He was acting like such a baby and he didn't like that either. He was Luke Hemmings, since when did Luke Hemmings go around crying over dumb shit?

"Here, let's sit down." Luke said, backing away from Skylar. He sat down on the rooftop and then waited for Skylar to join him before he decided to just lay down. It was easier to see the stars that way.

"Are you tired?" Skylar asked. She cuddled up next to Luke, and he lazily wrapped his arm around her shoulders so she could rest her head on Luke's chest. He was hardly even paying attention anymore, he was too consumed in all of his thoughts.

Luke was going to mess things up somehow and he couldn't get that out of his head. Even if he did continue things with Skylar after they got back home, he knew that things weren't going to run as smoothly as they were now. They were basically in their honeymoon phase right now, and that wasn't going to last forever. Luke wasn't what Skylar needed.