Chapter Thirty Three

Sorry :( this chapter is so short because I've been so busy this week, but there is like a little contest at the end.

LIVE LOVE AND NIALL HORAN

Chapter Twenty Three

It was getting darker when Niall's dad and uncle started grilling the hot dogs. Niall's best friend Sean whom I had just met had brought a box full of fireworks to light when it got even darker outside. I could see why Niall and Sean were best friends. They had the same laugh it off attitude, and they could talk and talk and talk. 

 "Want me and Sean to go some hot dogs?" Niall asked, twirling one of my blonde waves around his pointer finger. 

"Sean and I," I teasingly corrected him. "And I would love that."

 "Good," Niall kissed my cheek before getting up from the table with Sean. "We'll be right back."

As soon as they left, I found Holly stalking towards me, her black boots making clunking noises on the ground. I reached into the pocket of my Tophop jeans and pulled out my iPhone, looking disinterested.

"Looks aren't everything you know," Holly scoffed as she took a seat across from me. "Niall will realize that soon enough."

"In a twisted way," I blew her a kiss. "You just called me pretty. So thanks. But last time I checked, you know my name, not my story. If we're playing stereotypes here, I guess you're the physco ex-girlfriend who's also desperate."

"And you're a scheming slut who will be ugly and fat by 25," Holly snapped,  looking taken aback as I started laughing.

"Do you seriously think," I burst out in laughter. "The worse thing somebody can be is fat or ugly? You love with the heart, not the eyes. Something tells me you want Niall back because of his fame. Holly, when you play with fire you get burned. And right now you're toying with the largest of flames."

Pushing back the chair, I gave her one last smile before heading towards Niall and Sean who were on their way back.

Niall gave me a troubled glance as he handed me the hot dog. "Was that... Holly?"

"Yeah," I took a bite of the hot dog. "This is pretty good."

"Man," Sean shook his head and clapped down a hand on Niall's shoulder. "This is about to get like old times. Prepare for some deja vu."

Heading after Holly, Sean weaved through and soon disappeared into the crowd. I didn't understand, but I was going to tell myself I didn't have to. Whatever was 'going on' with Holly, Sean and Niall already seemed to know about. I didn't see her as a threat, more like an annoying disturbance.

"C'mon," Niall offered me his arm. "You haven't even seen my bedroom yet."

*

His room was painted 2 colours, red and blue, and was appropriately messy for an 18 year old guy. In one corner was his bed and across from it a couch. Both of our suitcases were piled neatly by the door, so I assumed I'd be staying in his room with him. The curtains were a dark, almost black, blue and they were closed and rather large. I was assuming the window was pretty big then.