Chapter 4

“Yeah, right? I mean, we’re perfect for each other and I know he’s really into me after that conversation in the car,” Shecainah said, smiling proudly at her 3 stupid minions (they aren’t equals, so apparently, Shé doesn’t consider them friends).

        “Really? You shared a car with him?”

        “Alone with Dean?”

        “You’re so cool right now, Shé!” exclaimed her minions in total admiration.

        But Shecainah’s face fell into a scowl. Squaring her shoulders, she said, “And when am I not?”

        Her minions were totally taken and were now trembling in fear. Of course, who would want to upset the NIGHTMARE? Ally sighed and pitied those stupid girls with Shé. Ally sat at the table next to Shecainah’s, listening intently on the liesShé was blabbering out. She watched Shé’s minions apologized meekly to their queen bee, hoping for another peaceful high school year. Then out of the blue, Shecainah met Ally’s eyes and glowered at her before standing up to walk out of the student compartment.

        Allyneathe froze on her seat and even whimpered. She clutched her bag more tightly on her lap. She secretly hoped that she could take out what’s inside it and use it to end her nightmare already. As she thought of her wand, she relaxed a little and even let herself smile.

        “Are you crazy?”

        Allyneathe shrieked in surprise. When she turned in front of her, a very weird girl also with glasses on was staring at her intensely but with blank expression on her face across the table. Ally was trembling again but more like shivering by the coldness of the girl’s eyes.

“W-w-what?”

        “You’re crazy, right?”

        Ally blinked at her thrice before replying, “You look crazier than me, you know.”

Gremebelle thought about it for a second, then she just nodded her head twice to Ally and buried her face back to her book. She was reading her Harry Potter book again to decipher the mystique that happened earlier to her. It was different from her usual experience. VERY different.

        “Gremy? Gremy, where are you? Grem—” the voice stopped upon reaching her. Gremebelle sighed and turned her head, closing her book on her lap. She has been meeting all kinds of crazier and weirder people than her today. She didn’t know if it was a good thing or not.

        “There you are! Don’t disappear so suddenly, you’ll make Xaimy worry,” she said, sliding on the seat beside her. “Ooh, that rhymes!”

        “Hey! I’m not worrying!” the other girl with her in the car appeared standing beside the blondie across her. “It’s just that—Phyjilirae kept on bogging me about her. It’s so annoying!” Then she settled herself across Mellie.

        Claramelle snickered. “Oh, she’s just playing with you.”

        Xaimyreath rolled her eyes as she crossed her arms on her chest, “Well, I’m not her playmate.” Then she noticed the girl beside her, who was looking dubiously at her. “Oh, sorry. Hi, I’m Xaimyreath, but you can call me—” she said, offering a hand to Ally who was about to take it when suddenly a very familiar voice interrupted her introduction.

        “Xaimy?”The four of them in the table turned their heads incredulously towards the owner of the voice that immediately gave Xaimy goose bumps all over. “Oh, long time no see! How are you?”