│Fear│*

"Fear cuts deeper than swords." 

Fear

~Ash~

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

"Shut it up" someone mumbles from somewhere.

"Why don't you" I snap sleepily. My eyes snap open as I fall down, landing fall on my ass. I look up at who pushed me. I glare at him and he starts to back away towards the door.

"Where are you going Austin?" I ask innocently.

"Far away, you look like a witch" he says and I smirk.

"Well then I guess I'm going to sleep without doing my hair then" I say.

"I dare you, let's see how many boys you attract with hair like that" he says as I get up.

"Is that a challenge Aimes?" I say raising an eyebrow.

"Sure is Harper" he says in a southern accent. We shake on it and head to different bathrooms to get ready.

I take a quick and get changed into a red long sleeved crop with ripped acid wash short shorts. I spray on some Chanel no.5 and put on my silver combat boots. I head downstairs with my phone and keys in hand.

"Good morning pumpkin" dad say sand I stop in my tracks.

"G-good morning dad" I say uneasily. I sit in front of him, pushing the nostalgia away.

"Are you alright?" dad asks looking at me worried.

"I'm fine, it's just... I haven't heard those words come out of your mouth in ages, and I have no idea how to react to it" I admit quietly.

"I'm sorry Ash, I really am, and I really hope that someday we can be the family we used to be. I miss my little girl" he says sadly.

"And I miss my daddy" I pouting and he chuckles.

"I'm glad to hear, I have some news for you" dad says as i drink some orange juice. Austin struts in and sits beside me. I smirk at him while I trail my hand up his legging, making him very uncomfortable.

"So dad what news did you have for me?" I ask.

"Grandma Valentino is coming over at noon to visit you, she wanted to see how you were doing, because you haven't met her in a while" dad says.

"Of c-course, I'll come early, I only have study hall and track practice today anyways" I say giving him a small smile.  

"I'll give you a ride to school" Austin says.

"Okay" I say and follow him outside.

"Why are you taking the long way?" I ask confused.

"I wanted to talk" he says looking at the road ahead of us.

"About?" I ask feeling a bit anxious.

"Last night, when we kissed, I realized that you're not just another girl to me. I don't know what I feel for you but I know it's stronger than I should feel" he says briefly locking eyes with me.

"Look Austin you're a nice person, well sometimes, but I don't think I'm ready to be more than friends, or feel anything for anyone just yet" I say and he nods.

"I understand" he says and I sigh.

"I don't mind taking things slow" I say not looking at him.

"Okay then I'm coming to the Malibu party with you tonight" he says.