Chapter Four: The Danger is I'm Dangerous

author's note
edited
Before you guys are like: wtf Lenn why you thinking that way, remember, Lennox was a man who has came a very far way, and things like, oh I don't know, meeting his mate, can break his walls he's put up. There is a very slim line of him being human, and him being wolf. He has more wolf instincts than human, he was literally raised to destroy his humanity. So Len, he's come a far way, and you may not think he's a good guy, but I do, given the circumstances.

sorry for mistakes, i'll fix them later ;) (and the short chapter :0 )

Werewolves don't sweat.

There are things they do that are more wolf than human. And Lennox owned being as wolfish as any werewolf could be.

But he was almost positive he was sweating.

"Tuck your tongue back in," he could hear Quin's voice in the back of his mind. She used to scold him when he was eighteen, coming back from runs and bending down all the while with his tongue literally flapping around.

For werewolves, the only thing that should tell you you were even breaking a sweat was the palms of your hands and feet.

He was thanking the universe he kept 'Hunters' in his car, knowing full well that if he had it in his hands, ink would become so damp from him, they'd stain his skin. And he didn't need that. Not when he was looking at this beautiful thing that stared up at him.

It had been three minutes. Three minutes and one second. Three minutes and two seconds, since he met Schuyler. Three minutes since he was so nervous he literally introduced himself twice, and then realized that she was hanging off of Giles's arm.

Giles's arm.

It should be his arm.

Irrational anger, that he never felt before, bubbled at the back of his mind, spilling over as he counted back from a thousand and tried to remember that Giles's was probably saying something he didn't care about.

"Lenny, you alright?"

He hated it when he called him that. His name was Lennox, and even though he'd growl every time his friend threw it around, he kept his lips shut because he feared what they'd do if he let himself open them.

He'd dig his teeth right into her shoulder and let everyone see that she was his mate. His damn soulmate, not Giles's ornament.

"Lennox, buddy?" A hand wrapped around his shoulder, and he blinked, realizing that the only thing he could focus on were the fingers that gripped at Giles's letterman jacket and spun it closer to her neck. Hiding it from him.

Lennox didn't dare say anything, keeping his lips in a straight line as he thought of how much he just wanted to push her into the ground and growl at anything that came near them. Quin never talked much about the soulmates that wolves would inherit, just quick dabs like, "you'll love her a thousand times more than anything else in the world," or "When you see her crying, you'll see if you're a real man by destroying anything just to keep her from tearing up."

Keep your biology in Lennox, no matter how much every bone in your body is screaming at you to take her and run. He blinked; hopefully his eyes weren't flickering with more gold than green- that wouldn't be easy to explain.

"Hey, you're scaring me man, c'mon. Let's go for some fresh air," Giles said, his hand trapping him as he turned them to steer them away from his mate. "Stay here, Schuy, for just a minute."

Even though all of the bones in his body were telling him to turn back around, and just stare at his mate in fascination for hours if he couldn't touch her, he let Giles's steer him out to the front balcony that hung over nine feet of air. Two werewolves were hopelessly trying to get-off on the side of the wall, grinding on each other desperately before Lennox let out a low growl and the pups were parting and flattening hair while pushing clothes down.