Chapter1 - The Move

Chapter 1-The Move

                (A/N: All places, cities, schools and such are made up and are not real thank you)

Here I am sitting on a plane to a state I do not care to be going to because my mom got her new job promotion she had been waiting for and it just being me and her I had no choice but to get on the plane and pretend to be happy.

                I was leaving my sunny home in Florida for a new home in North Dakota where it can snow. Ugh not something I am going to enjoy. I didn’t care that I was leaving behind ‘friends’ because they were all fake. All wanting something from me and that was my brain. I won’t say I am so smart that school is too easy I just spend time studying and pay attention in class so that I can get through school seeing as I just finished the 11th grade I had one more year after this to get through.

                My mom was on her computer putting together some files for her new job. I love my mom she is a good women, a good mom and hard worker. She will now be the CEO of a new branch of Beauty by Me (A/N made up company). They are a clothing and natural make up company, they don’t test the make up on animals.

                It seemed as if this flight would never end, mom spent the whole time working on her files leaving me bored. I did have my IPod I just did not want to listen to it anymore, I had been since we could turn things on and now I’m tired of it.

                The seat bleat light came on meaning the flight was just about over. My mom and I put our things away waiting to land. “Now Emily when we land we will get our bags and get a taxi to pick up our car’s that the company used to replace our old ones, I know you don’t like the idea of having to give up your Jeep but we can always try to swap yours if you don’t like it.” My mom knew me too well I smiled at her, “Thanks mom, I know I was hard on you about the mom I am trying to make the best of things.” She smiled and nodded at me.

                Well I guess I should tell you who I am. I’m Emily Johnson, 17 years old. It’s been me and my mom for ten years now since my dad died when I was seven. Yes, I miss him and yes it has an effect on me but I try to be happy. I didn’t have many friends at my old school but I had my one best friend James and he is the only one I really miss at all.

                After we landed, we did just as mom said now we are sitting at a dealer and I guess the company told them to have us pick our cars, which made me more than happy. It was a ford dealer so I knew I couldn’t get a jeep so I settled for something better a 2011 candy apple red F-250 four door. I pointed it out to my mom. “I like that one mom.” She looked at it and talked to them approving of my choice of car.

                After signing the papers for both our cars, mom got a Ford Escape; we unloaded what we had in the taxi and got in our new vehicles and I followed mom to our new home. This place was beautiful and our house was right in front of the woods too perfect place to sit and draw. Pulling into the drive I saw the moving truck was already there and unloading. Mom had come here once before to pick out the house and already labeled the rooms so they knew where to place things.

                I walked inside our two story house it was nice on the inside. I guess mom had someone set it up minus the stuff we had to bring no wonder mom sold everything other than what we wanted. “Emily your rooms on the second floor you’ll find your name on the door.” Mom tells me as she walks past into a room with the label ‘Office’ on it.

                I go up the stairs to my new room. Everything was set up other than my stuff in boxes it looks like my old room. On my new desk sat a note.

Emily,

I know you did not really want to move so I thought maybe having a little piece of your old home would help. I took pictures of your room and had someone make it look the same. I hope this will help a little. Oh look in the top drawer you will find a surprise.

Love you

Mom

                I opened the drawer and saw a new laptop, usb flash drive, a new diary and a plane ticket. I get everything but the plane ticket. I pick up the ticket and fly down to the office where I knew mom would be. The movers were gone now. I knocked on the door. “Come in.” Mom answered.

                I run in and give her a big hug, “I see you found my note.” “Yes mom thank you so much I love it all but I am confused with the ticket.” I told her. “Well I see you didn’t read who name is on it did you?” she knew me so well. So I opened the package for the ticket to see James Kings name on a copy of the ticket it’s my best friend. “Mom are you serious?” she smiles and nods. “When?” I couldn’t keep the smile off my face. “Next week before you go back to school for your twos senior year.”

                I stop jumping around and look at her mouth wide open. “You mean he’s staying for the school year?” I couldn’t believe it. “Yes that’s what I mean his parents are going to be away on business for a while and agreed to let him come live with us you can’t tell me you didn’t notice the extra room and boxes?” “No I didn’t.” I am slow at times. “Room next to yours is the guest/James room for his stay, now go get changed were going out for dinner.” With that, I left mom’s office and went to change.

Comment/Vote tell me what you think