Chapter 45. Insatiable

“This is what you wanted, Kasey. I’m not hurting him anymore.” 

I held my hands up to my ears as the screams in the basement echoed around the hall. I don’t know why they’re so loud or how I can even hear them but it’s killing me. They’re dying and I can hear it. I can hear all of their pain, hell I can practically feel it coursing through my veins.

When he took me, he made me steal Lydia’s car— which I felt extremely bad about, and forced me to drive to an empty lot where I could dump the car. And then he brought me back to Eichan House. I don’t know what his deal is with this place, or why he keeps bringing me back here, but it’s starting to eat away at my resolve. I can’t keep coming in here. 

He’s dying. He’s dying.

I clenched my jaw as they continued to chant the words that were making me sick to my stomach. I can hear woman and children screaming; begging for their lives. I can hear people sobbing and shouting for help. I can feel the panic and the anxiety dripping from the ceiling. I can feel the fear and horror puddling at my feet on the floor. 

It's a never ending supply of pain, chaos and strife, and I can't escape it

“Can you hear them?” he asked me. How I was able to pick out his voice over their screaming is beyond me. Maybe it’s because he sounds like Stiles, and my ears are tuned to hearing his voice anywhere. I have to keep reminding myself that he's not Stiles though. He just looks like Stiles, but it's not him. 

I glanced down the narrow pathway and found him walking towards me. The tips of his shoes were kicking up leaves as the blue tinted lighting hit the side of his face. He was Stiles, though. He was a carbon copy of Stiles. Every last fraction of an inch was the exact same. The slope of his nose, the curl of his lashes, the various amounts of scattered moles on his cheek and the base of his neck. It's all the same. 

“Louder than before, isn’t it? Well that’s because a lot of bad things happened down here and you’re trying to warn them all, even though their dead. You know, I was already amazed at what you could do before, but know that I know you can connect yourself to memories from the past— memories of pain and loss so great that they practically come back to life when you’re around, it just makes me want you so much more.” he smirked as I attempted to get away from him. 

The tunnel was getting smaller, at least it felt that way, the pipes on the walls were cold and my hands were already freezing. I can't stop shaking, and I can't seem to lose this dull ache that's pumping through my body. It hurts to walk, hell, it hurts to breathe. 

“What are the voices telling you? Are they saying that Stiles is dying? He is you know, you couldn’t save him…you can’t save anyone.” 

I continued to stumble down the tunnel, trying to ignore all of the voices and sounds until I could think of a better way to get them to stop. Stiles isn’t dying— he’s lying to me. He’s just trying to play another trick. The voices were morphing into Stiles' voice, screaming out for help like he did that night in the woods when I found him. I nearly fell backwards as they forced themselves into my head. This isn't real, Kasey. It's just another trick.

That’s what he does, he plays tricks.

“Stop it.” I whimpered. My temples were throbbing and my  body was shivering from an unknown source of ice inside of me. I don’t know what’s happening to me. I mean, I never know what’s happening but this—this is just odd.

“He’s dying. They’re all going to die, Kasey.” he chuckled. 

I found a set of stairs that led to a gate. I practically fell down them, grabbing the door and shaking it before it finally registered to me that I couldn’t get it to budge.