11. Who Would've Known

| Edited |

Chapter Eleven

Cassandra

As I held Jake's hand, the last set finally ended.

I let go from Jake and as the audience claps, I use my hands to clap together with everyone.

The crowd disperse into different groups and many attempt to leave the park.

"Did you have fun?"

Jake wraps his right arm around my waist and brings me to him.

"Definitely. Thanks for taking me."

"No problem."

He kisses my forehead and takes my hand.

We walk around the festival one last time, leaving the festival with two corndogs in each of our hands.

We get to Jake's car and he opens the door for me. I leap inside and Jake follows.

He gets in and wakes up his car.

"Why was Jayson Hunter here again?"

"To be honest I don't know. He told me that he really came because his cousin, my boss."

"Oh he was at the festival?"

I look down, "I..I didn't see him."

I never told him about what Alexander did at the party and honestly it just left my mind.

Jake drives away from the festival venue and drives towards my house.

After a few minutes of driving, we finally get to my house and stops his car. I leap out of the car and I walk up to my house.

Soon I hear a beep and I turn to see Jake's hand on the wheel.

I smile and he puts his pinky and thumb against his ear and shakes it. As he does that he mouths, "Call Me."

I nod as I mouth, "Okay."

I smile as I get to my door and push my door using my shoulder, jamming the key into the knob. I do this for a minute and I finally get in.

I plop on my chair and I lay down for a second before that my phone soon vibrates.

I look to see that its an unknown number.

"Hello?"

"Yes Cassandra?"

Oh it was just Alexander's dad, Mr. Caldwell.

"Oh hello Mr. Caldwell."

"Hi, Can you come in to do your employee evaluation later today?"

"Yes. How'd I do at the party?"

"Nice. I see online you've made a new friend. My nephew Jayson Hunter."

"Oh yes. Very friendly."

"That's good. Please stop by around Four and Alexander and I will evaluate you."

"Alright..Wait Alexander too?"

"Yes..will that be a problem?"

Yeah...

"Nope."

"Great. Four it is?"

"Four it is!"

"Great. Thank you Miss Ellis."

"Thank you..Mr. Caldwell."

I click end and smile to myself.

That man doesn't have a mean bone in his body.