Chapter 9

"Paradise Falls?" Jack repeated skeptically. I glanced at him, nearly overwhelmed with the idea.  

"Are you sure?" Alex began. Even he looked doubtful. I turned to him, determination lit my eyes.  

"But everyone says it doesn't exist" Alex added with a bit sternly.  

"Who's 'everyone'? You said it yourself that we need a safe place and this could be it. If it doesn't exist then fine we can continue hiding and running for our lives until we're all dead." My voice was level with his and for a moment we glared at each other.  

"But Silver, how do we find a place that nobody knows about?" Alex asked. I already had the answer to that question.  

"Collen, my Guardian, already knew about it he told me about it and I'm sure he gave me hints about it....I just need to remember them." I thought about a map or any written clues Collen might have had but even if he did they would have burned down in the fire. Alex looked like he had more to say but he didn't add on to the argument. I had the huge road map unfolded and spread out on the floor with the others sat in a circle around it.  

"I already remember something about it. The Guard's base is nearby Paradise Falls so we could find a member of the Guard and ask them about it." Everyone watched me, hoping, listening. If my theory works we will be safe. Nobody would die. My eyes fell on Bri who watched me intently but sometimes let her pale blue eyes wander to the map or other things around her. She was so young, how could she have been brought into this? But that was something I would have to wonder about later. 

"How are we supposed to find one?" Alex asks, pulling me out of my thoughts. "I'm sure the Guard took a big hit when that woman took over as country Headmaster or whatever. For all we know the ones in this area could be dead." I sat back and thought about this for a moment.  

"Well isn't there supposed to be part of the country that doesn't want a new leader? I mean, where's the resistance?" Jack spoke up. Clearly he had seen quite a few movies as well. We all glanced at him and he sighed, slightly defeated. "Were it aren't we?" he mutters.  

"I bet there's a lot of people that don't want this to happen, but their too scared to do anything about it. It seems like the Order's too powerful" this was from Kara. She looked like something had been bothering her earlier and she hadn't said much since I brought up the idea of Paradise Falls.  

Bri was next to speak up. "People were probably shocked by the whole 'Vampires and Werewolves exist' thing but that doesn't mean-"  

"They are killing people" Kara said, quickly cutting her off. We all turned our attention to her then.  

"I turned on the tv, only for a moment while you guys were sleeping, and on the news they were showing live executions of people. Weres' and others that probably decided not to join them. They said it was what would happen to people who didn't listen." Kara stated at a spot on the floor for a while even after she had finished. Silence filled the room as her works sunk in. My mind was still shocked by the sudden turn of events from yesterday. Solemn silence hung over the five of us. The world as we knew it has changed probably forever now that everyone knew.  

I glanced at the map one more time then finally stood up and walked into the kitchen. Anything to avoid the silence. And the worst part was that they all looked up to me. They all expected me to be a hero and save them. If anyone was going to lead us to safety I would have bet on Alex. But even he seems to want me to lead them all. I can't be responsible for dragging them into this but in a way I already was. There would be no going back now. We were considered traitors, fugitives. And our only hope is a place that might exist. I turned and saw Jack standing in the doorway. He managed a slight smile but I did not return one back.