Athrid - A Glossary

PEOPLE-

Athrid- (ath-rid) The stories main character, was adopted soon after birth, originally of the Katari race, but raised by the Moroa. Loud, brash and mischevious but very caring.

Lillianna- (lil-ee-anna) Also known as 'Lilli' she is one of Athrid's best friends, she is Moroa. Very timid.

Tufor- (too-for) Athrid's other best friend, he is one of Rowanorv's most eligible bacholors. He is also of the Moroa. An excellent archer.

Margala- (mar-guy-ya) Lillianna's mother

Aisa- (ace-see-ah) Athrid's mother, the only woman in the village without a partner, noone talks about it, a very taboo subject.

PLACES-

Orgyle- (or-gee-eye-l)The world where they live, much like Earth.

Rowanorv - (row-an-orf) A village nestled at the bottom of a mountain, where the Moroa live. It is surrounded by the Forest of Stars.

Forest of the Stars- A magical forest that comes alive at night, with the trees dancing in the moonlight and small creatures basking in it's brilliance.

CREATURES-

Asidya-  (ace-eed-yah) These are horse like creatures, tall and elegant, they are able to change their appearance depnding on their environment.

Noralforks - (nor-al-folks) Timid antelope like creatures, very small about the size of a labrador. Large eyes that take up most of their head, their horns are opaque and shimmer.

Flutterbyes- Are like butterflies but a lot larger.

Gorans - (cor-ans) Eagle like, sharp beak and pointed wings. Beady eyes. Feathers on the head alone, the rest is hard leathery skin. They have claws on the end of their wings as well as their feet.

Gondipogs- (gon-dee-pogs) Pig like creatures, with very large flat snouts thhat are used for burrowing underground to hide from predators.

PLANTS-

Romage- (rome-ah-shh)These are large, purple and mushroom like. They glow in the light of the moon. Only grow next to freshwater rivers.

RACES-

Katari- (cat-arr-ee) Are an all but extinct race of warrior women. Strong, determined and beautiful.

Moroa- (moh-roh-ahh) A delicate and exquisite race, belives strongly in peace. Silver hair, petitie, excellent eyesight. Make for fantastic archers, but prefer to run and hide than fight.

Ogres- A large brutish race, ugly, discoordinated, and not all that clever. Known for their brute force and love of gold.

TERMS/SAYINGS-

Tree Women - There is a myth in the village of Rowanorv that says that any young woman who does not find her life mate on the night of the Spring Festival, must spend the rest of her days living in the Forest of the Stars with only the trees for company. Ensnaring passers by and making them their slaves. There is no truth in this at all, but it does keep the young women in the village looking for a suitor.