Chapter 25

JASON POV

Things were becoming hectic in the pack house. Everyone believed it was best to stay away from me, and I don't blame them.

I can admit, my temper has been through the roof and I've probably been putting everyone through hell lately.

But I missed her.

Her scent has completely vanished from the house and now I was felt empty. I spent most of my days in my room or in my office, thinking about the 'what if' questions. Questions like:

What if she hates me? What if she never come back? What if she rejects me? What if she doesn't want the title of my Luna, my mate? What if she finds someone else?

The last question pissed me off every time I thought of it. I even had holes in the walls to prove it.

I just wanted to see her again, inhale, drown deeply into her scent that mellowed out my wolf's temper.

I laid in my bed, staring at the ceiling for minutes that quickly turned to hours. Someone knocked on my door.

"WHAT??!!" I snapped, sitting up on my elbows. I did not want the company and I damn sure did not want to talk about it.

The door creaked open. A short, pretty, yet very familiar women walked in.

"Watch your tone Jason." She mumbled.

"Hey mom?" I sighed, dropping back down in to my bed. "I didn't know you were here."

"Of course you didn't, you've been blocking everyone out all day." She walked over to my bedside. "Now come down stairs with me."

I didn't want to leave my room, let alone this bed. I looked up at her face. Her gentle smile always warmed me up.

"Fine." I gave in.

I slipped on a T-shirt and followed her down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"I didn't know you were cooking." I slid into a stool at the counter and watched her cut up some vegetables.

"Normally you could smell my cooking from miles away and come running but you didn't."

She was right. The smell of her food would've had me and everyone else in this house down here drooling. But I'm guessing everyone was hiding out. From me.

She stopped what she was doing and turned to me, her eyes trying to scan me for some kind of hint or reading.

"Whats wrong Jas?" Jas is what she always called me, or sweetie, but I prefer Jas because being called sweetie by my mother was not a good look for me.

I dropped my head as I cupped my face with my hands. I knew this topic was bound to come.

"I found her." I sighed. I moved my hands from my face to look at my mother. Her eyes were staring at me, her body motionless, her facial expression blank. She finally moved after about a minute of staring at me. She walked over to me and punched me in my stomach.

"HOW DARE YOU NOT TELL ME? Where is she?" She looked hurt and excited at the same time.

I didnt want to tell my mom because I knew she would overreact and interrogate me with a million questions that I didn't have the answers too.

"She's........at home." I mumbled.

"Where? Lets go get her. I would love to meet her parents too." She smiled.

"No... That wouldn't be such a good idea." My mother's smile instantly dropped to a frown.

"Why not?"