Letting Go (One Shot Story)

Author's Note: This was a Story I wrote 2 years ago for a school activity... while I was browsing my old junk files in my computer I found this. HOpe you like it! Enjoy! 

vote, like or comment... Thanks

                 Letting Go

          I head over to the kitchen to prepare myself a cup of coffee on this cold weather. I went back to my room and placed my cup beside the window, grabbed my small fluffy chair and sat near it. Few minutes later, big heavy raindrops poured in and started to tap my glass window. People started to rush just to find a place to get themselves dry. I closed my eyes and listened to the continuous rythm of the raindrops, I smiled.

    We were walking barefoot carrying our shoes in the rain on our anniversary a few days just before graduating from University, after spending the afternoon in the woods. Hands clasped as he walked me to the back door, we were both wearing a childish grin I stare at his dreamy blue eyes. I gave him a soft gentle kiss on the lips and I head towards the door. He waved goodbye and disappeared as he walked down the long narrow road heading to the next neighborhood. His name is Kyle and he's twenty-two, a year older than me. We've known each other four years ago since they moved here in Ergyle Valley. He saw me throwing rocks by the river one Sunday afternoon, we instantly became friends but for me it was more than that... for the first time I'm inlove. I showed him around the valley and we went to the same school. He is my friend...my bestfriend. We do things together, plan things together, we almost do everything together. He asked me to go to the senior prom and by the end of the night he asked me to be his girlfriend. Since that night we were inseparable, everything changed between us and it was like a fairytale, a dream come true. We loved each other so much that we planned to get married after we graduate, my parents and his agreed.

    The day of the graduation arrived and I was sitting in this big dome of our University, the ceremony had begun a couple of hours ago. I anxiously waited for Kyle I couldn't find him anywhere, I was so mad seeing everyone seated except his empty slot on the next row of seats. Then suddenly his mom came rushing towards me, eyes filled with tears...she couldn't speak because of the sobs and shortness of her breath. I looked her in the eyes trying to decipher what is happening. My heart beats faster and faster, tears came rolling down my cheeks as I felt shivers down my spine. All this confusion and mix emotions started to build up inside me and weakened my defense, I broke down on my knees crying. I can't explain this feeling but i know deep in my heart that something wrong happened to Kyle, I just don't know what it is yet which makes it even more terrifying. Kyle's dad came from the back door of the room held me up and comforted his wife, we went to a classroom nearby and discussed what happened. Kyle drowned in the river, the place where we first met. I couldn't believe what I just heard, stuttering words came out of my mouth between the sobs and the tears. I hurriedly picked up my purse and drove my car down to our house parking it near the big pine tree a few steps away from the river. I went down to where the river is located and found that they were all gone. Trembling, I got back to my car and I finally arrived to the old morgue in town. I entered without hesitation and went straight to the reception, I asked for Kyle's possible location and head there. The lady handed me a mask and I entered the room, the cold body draped with white cloth was placed in the center of a metal table enough for him to fit. I hesitated to come closer my eyes filled with tears and my whole body was full of terror and sadness. I stepped closer and lifted the white cloth that hid his beautiful face which appeared to be so pale and stiff now. I couldn't look at him any longer, this pain I feel was so excrutiating... he was gone. I reached for his face and felt his smooth skin, I studied every curve of his face and trying to remember his face back when he was alive. I shook my head and couldn't take this feeling anymore I stormed out of the room but on my way out a lady handed me a bag filled with Kyle's stuff when they found him floating by the huge rock a few metres away from where some of his stuff had found. I kept the bag and tried not to open it for some reason. Days passed and it was his funeral, again... it was raining. I cried that night and  have been crying since he died. Sleepless nights and more cries for days, weeks, months. I cried a little more when I reminisce the times where we sat by the river, his head onto may lap and me singing him sweet songs until he fell asleep. Staring at his angelic face I touched his rosy cheeks and traced his nose down to his pink lips using my fingertips. I watch him until he slowly opens his eyes and smile at me revealing his blue eyes that seemed like the ocean in the carribean. I loved him so much and he means a lot to me but now when I realize he was gone I just break down and cry...a part of me had gone with him. Years had passed and I am still madly inlove with him. I couldn't love anybody else and I buried myself to work jut to keep myself busy. From time to time I visit him in his grave and I never went back to that river ever again. I opened my eyes as a clap of thunder suprised me knocking off my cup to the floor I quickly stood up to look for some cloths but I ended up finding the bag where his name was inscripted "Kyle Daniels-March 20,1990". I slowly opened it revealing his long sleeve and tie along with his pants, i checked the pockets and found a ring with this letter inserted in a small ziploc bag. I wore the ring and I cried, I took the letter and read it. He was so sweet going to that river to prepare for his proposal but instead of us being together it took him away from me. I cried while reading it over and over but then I suddenly realized that I had to let go of him. I gave Kyle's stuff to his parents but I kept the ring.

A few years later I moved to New york and now a famous singer named Sarrah Michaelson have a three month old daughter and a loving husband.

SORRY IF IT'S NOT THAT GOOD heheh :s