4 - Together Again

I had woken up a couple hours ago, my knees were close to my chest and I was just thinking, waiting for my sister to wake up already.

Well, In total, it's been 7 days since my sister and I were abducted. But what's the weird thing is, I'm kinda happy they did take me. I get to be with my sister again. 

I wonder, how everyone is taking this. Two girls missing. Two sisters. All those parents must be worried it will happen to their daughters too. I miss my mom. Heck, I miss my brother so much, even though he's been at college the whole time. Does he even know what's going on yet? Mom probably told him everything.

I'm also wondering what's going on at the Mall, Did they even check the Sercurity camera's? I mean if they had them, no one at all saw this guy? God, It must be like he was invisible or something.

                                                                                  ***

My sister and I have been talking a lot since we were re-united. We had laughs.. Even in a situation like this. We'd cry and I'd even pretend I saw a smile on her face in the dark.. I just hope, no one I know had nothing to do with this.

I hope the people that did do this, get what they deserve. How could someone do this to someone? What did we even do. Dalia and I had a normal life, and then boom. Taken. Just like that.

 But, It can happen to anyone, even a simple, humble family like mine.

"Marie?" I heard her grown, probably waking up.

I'd reply back, trying to comfort my sister. "We will Dalia, I'm sure of it. I will do what it takes to get us both or you out of here alive." 

Then she'd say, "Both of us."

Dalia and I have been in this room for so long, I don't even know what day it is or if we've started a new month. We haven't gotten any food and I really need to pee, they've only let me go once. Which explains the awful smell. I had not choice but to pee on myself. Embarrassing, I know. I wonder why hasn't anyone come though, were humans too. We need food and water.

Speak of the devil, The door began to un-lock. The light quickly flashed on. "Ah! You could've atleast warned us!" I closed my eyes, then opening them slowly, adjusting to the lightening. I saw my sister on the far right of the room, I was on the far left. Turning my head, I saw two people, surprisingly they weren't wearing mask to hide their identity's. 

They grumbled and looked pretty buff, so I kept quiet, not wanting my face to get punched in. They walked around, throwing us sandwiches and water bottle. Like we were dogs.

After a few, they un-locked our chains, letting us eat. It was weird though, they stood by the door just  watching us, while holding guns.

I finished first, trying to get rid of the silence.

"Hey you. Aren't you suppose to be wearing a mask or something?" 

They didn't respond.

I'd then ask again. "What makes you so sure, I won't remember your face when we get out of here?"

One turned to look at me, giving me such a creepy smile. It made me cringe.

"What makes you so SURE you're getting out of here?" Creepy Smiley guy said. Yes, that's his name from now on.

One came up to me now, locking my chains back on, as well with my sister. Watching carefully so they wouldn't hurt her. Then with that they all left and flicked the light off, same as usual.

The Mother's part:

Both of my daughters have been missing for a couple of days. I don't eat, I don't sleep, Im so in shock. My boss is a understanding guy, so she's let me take a few days off. Anthony is came back home once he heard the new. He came as soon as he could. He hasn't freaked out or anything, he's actually being really supportive and trying to comfort the both of us. 

The police have been at my house 3 times now, asking me questions and places Dalia and Marie could've gone, I guess the interegation room wasn't enough. But I've been supportive and corperative as much as I could.

But honestly, I don't know. It's really hard, not knowing where your daughters are. Not knowing what's happening to them. The horrible things.. 

"Oh!" I cried out, clasping her hand over her mouth and starting to cry as she sat up in her bed.

Anthony came in, looking at me with a worried facial expression. He came over and sat next to me, wrapping an arm around me. 

"It's okay, Mom. We'll find them, I'm sure the police are doing everything they can." He continued to side-ways hug me. I wiped my tears, and my nose, hugging my son back. "I hope so, Anthony. I missed them so much!" I began to cry again, letting it all pour out, Anthony didn't cry, but I know he felt heart broken, he was just a strong boy. My son. He was stronger than me, he always has been. Ever since the girls were little, anything bad that happened, he took it like a champ.

"I miss them too, Mom." Anthony said. 

Unexpectedly, the phone rang. 

I sighed, it must be another reporter.

"Hello?"

The person on the other line replied back, "Hi, Is this Vera, the mother of the missing Twins?"

My eyes widened and I quickly responded. "Yes, what can I do for you?"

I heard a silent laugh in the background, becoming confused. 

"We have a deal to offer you." His voice sounded rough and deep. I didn't answer, I just continued to let this person talk. "If you ever want to see your daughters again, go to this address, Mcdartly 360 24674. At 8 o' clock sharp. Do not be late. Every minute you are late, a toe will come off one of your daughters feet. I do not play games. And if you dare give this number to the police, I will kill them."

He'd clear his throat. Continuing, "Good day, Miss Vera. Hope to see you in five hours." 

The phone would beep, ending the call. 

"So who was that?" Anthony would say. Flinching from his voice, I stood in place, slowly placing the phone back on the stand, hitting the end button.

"Oh, just a person advertising." 

I lied. Anthony needs to get back to his college life, I'm an old woman, yes. But I can do this alone, and if I can't, I'll have the police. They won't kill my daughters, want to know why? Because they need them for some reason.

I will get them, I'm determined too. Whatever it takes.

My girls will come back to me.