Chapter 13

That's a picture of jacob to the right. Just so you guys get a better picture of what he looks like.

Cody was too exhausted from training to have a proper conversation with Cora but she keep him company for a while. He pretended like nothing had happened and to be honest she wanted it to be like that. Both of them obviously felt guilty so there was no reason to drag it out. She was still going to let him talk though if he wanted to. At least the option was there.

Cora woke up that morning determined to kept out of bed. She smiled as the faint hint of coffee hit her nose. Jacob was definitely over being upset if he was making her coffee.

She slid out of bed and cursed loudly. "Stupid leg," she hissed. It was still very much swollen but she wasn't going to stay in bed. It would drive her nuts. Plus, Cora didn't want to give Manuel the satisfaction of putting her out of commission. She knew he did it on purpose and she was going to find out why.

Cora put on her boot and grumbled the whole time. She hated this thing and it was going to be impossible to ride her horse until it was off. However, it was better than using her crutches.

She quickly did her bathroom routine and hobbled out to the kitchen. Jacob was leaning against the counter with his arms folded.

"I thought I told you to rest," he said.

Cora smiled. "if you really thought I was going to listen to you then you wouldn't have made me coffee."

Jacob returned her smile with a dazzling one of his own and poured the coffee in her giant mug. She gratefully took it from him and leaned against the counter next to him. Their arms would occasionally brush against each other and both of them were very aware of that.

Once Cora was finished she grabbed a breakfast bar and headed outside. Jacob slowed his pace so that he could keep up with her. She thought he would be irritated but he showed no signs of that. Instead, he just kept his hands in his jacket and occasionally glanced down at her.

They walked into the barn and Cora frowned. She wouldn't be able to ride her horse and would just be holding Jacob back.

"Maybe I'll just work with Beth today and you can do the usual stuff."

Jacob scratched the back of his head. "I was thinking that if it's only your knee that hurts and if the swelling isn't too bad then maybe you can ride on my horse and supervise."

Cora smiled. "You want me to supervise? I think I'll just be in the way."

"If you get in the way I'll just push you off."

Cora laughed and hit him in the chest. "That's not nice."

"It always seems like I'm interrupting something," said a voice from behind them.

Cora looked over her shoulder and felt her heart sink. Cody was standing there with a steaming cup of coffee in his hand and two cinnamon rolls. She could see the hurt clearly written all over his face.

"I thought you would be resting today so I wanted to spend some time with you before I went to the gym."

"I got a great idea," said Jacob. He took a step towards Cody, his eyes flashing with anger. "You could help out on the farm and that would give you tons of time with Cora."

"Like you're doing?" he spat. "I thought you didn't have time for my irritating friend and that you specifically told me to keep her a way from you?"

"Enough!" shouted Cora.

Both boys looked down at the floor. Cora approached Jacob first. He looked up, the embarrassment evident on his handsome face.

"Cora that was before I got to hang out with you regularly. I would never say that again and actually mean it."