9 Months Later -1

The first few chapters arent going to be that exciting its just gonna be so you can get an idea of Collettes home life with school, work and her daughter. And sorry this is so short. But once again its almost 2 in the morning and im tired, more tomorrow :)

------------------------------------------------------

"James, I'm home." I yelled walking in the door of my older brothers 2 bedroom apartment. I kicked my shoes off and hung my jacket up in the closet.

"Shh." James whispered coming up to me with a finger on his lips.

"Lena's sleeping."

"Where at?" I smiled as I asked she hardly ever sleeps at night.

"I brought the basinet into the living "

I followed him in and saw Lena in the corner and James's laptop and various papers scattered across the coffee table. He's always working on some new project or another.

James works from home for his business. Occasionally he had to travel abroad to work on different aspects of his projects. Other than that it worked out really well, James being able to be home during the day to watch Lena allowed me to continue going to school during the day, which is really great.

I walked over to Lena's basinet and looked at her.

I smiled. She looked so peaceful, one of her little hands were curled up in a fist resting gently near her cheek. She had a full head of hair the same color as me but her green eyes were all Vince. I was happy she had his eyes. They were one of the things I loved most about him. I watched her little chest rise and fall in steady paces before turning back towards James.

"Have you eaten?" I asked already knowing the answer.

Smiling sheepishly at me. "Guess I forgot." He said running a hand through his thick auburn hair.

"I'll make you something." I whispered walking towards the kitchen.

I opened the freezer and grabbed a pizza preheating the oven as well. I walked back into the living room and saw James typing away on his laptop.

"How was she today?" I asked keeping my voice low glancing at a sleeping Lena in the corner only a few feet away.

"Good, a little fussy in the morning but that's it." He responded in the same tone as me while logging off his computer and packing up his stuff.

'Beep'

Hearing the sound of the oven going off I walked back into the kitchen and put the pizza in and set a timer. Wanting to keep an eye on it I started to tidy up the kitchen. I Had just finish wiping down the counters when James walked back in.

What I liked about my brother was that he didn't treat me like a child. He was always straight up and said things how they were. He didn't try to be controlling unless necessary. And he talked to me as an equal rather than his baby sister despite the 9 year age difference. Don't get me wrong he'll always think of me as his baby sister he just doesn't always treat me like it.

"Collette?" He questioned

I guess I spaced out. I lifted my eyes to meet his indicating for him to continue.

"How was work?'

Work? Truthfully I loved my co-workers the boss was nice but the customers they were 40 and 50 year old perverted men and they truly disgusted me. I worked at this really old fashioned Italian restaurant as a waitress.

"Tiring." I said ending it in a kind of sigh. And reaching to get his pizza out of the oven and setting it on the counter.

"School?" He asked probably hoping it was a better subject.

I sighed and turned around to face James.

"Not any better, I have to finish my research paper for English and study for my French and science mid-terms. And if Lena wakes up soon no way in hell am I getting any sleep tonight."

He gave me a sympathetic smile and looked like he was about to say something but I cut him off.

"Eat your pizza; I've got to get to work." I walked out of leaving James with his pizza while I grabbed my notes and netbook from my room.

I set up near Lena's basinet so if she woke up I'd be right there. It was nearly 10pm. I started my research paper first seeing as how it'd take more time and effort to do.

James went to bed shortly after stopping to say good night and grabbing the rest of his papers from the coffee table.

When I was almost done my paper I got up to get a drink of water. I looked at the time above the stove.

"11:57!?" I whispered to myself.

I went back in the living room and finished up my paper 20 minutes later and sent it to Ms.Cole my English teacher. I turned my netbook off and went to reach for my French notes. Around 1:40 Lena woke up.

"Hush little baby, don't say a word

mama's gonna buy you a mockingbird

if that mockingbird don't sing

Mama's gonna buy you a diamond ring"

Those were the only lines I could remember as I was feeding Lena and rocking back and forth trying to get her back to sleep, but so far it wasn't working. I brought the basinet closer to where I was once she'd settled down a little bit and went back to work on studying stopping every so often to take a glance at her.

I wasn't getting anywhere with the studying so I put everything back in my bag for school. I brought Lena's basinet back into my room around three after she'd fallen asleep again being careful not to wake her up.

I was asleep the minute my head hit the pillow.

*A Few Hours Later*

"Collette, wake up. Collette." James was shaking my shoulder. I growled in response but got up. I looked at the time, it was 6 a.m.

"3 hours of sleep that's a new record." I got up and stretched before heading to the shower to get ready. 40 minutes later my hair was dry and I was walking out the door in my black skinnies and a tie dye hoodie.

It only took about 5 minutes to get to school so I had about and extra 40 minutes before I had to be there. I walked to the Starbucks near James apartment building.

I ordered a French vanilla latte and a muffin. I sat down to enjoy it and just to waste sometime. I'd set my bag next to my chair and when I went to get up I accidently kicked it and my books went everywhere.

"Crap" I said under my breath dropping down to pick them up. As I was gathering my books some stranger walked up and handed me one of my books.

"Thanks "I said before stuffing it in my bag and looking up to see who'd helped me.

It took a lot to not let my jaw hit the floor. He was hot. About 6 ft 6.1? Which is a lot taller than my 5" 1' and a half self. Dark brown hair that came to rest just above his hazel eyes.

"No problem."

I smiled and went to walk away. As I was reaching for the door someone grabbed my arm. I turned around to come face to face with the guy that helped me.

"You forgot this." He said holding up a strip of paper.

I took it and looked at it "Your number? No thanks." Trying to turn around but failing due to the hand still latched onto my arm I was still facing the guy and he was starting to annoy me.

"Why not?" He asked.

After the whole Vince thing I had tried to see other guys but the moment I brought up the B word they were long gone by the next day. And not to mention I was still extremely hurt over what had happened. So I've been staying away from guys.

Better to end this now rather than be annoyed further.

"I have a baby. Bye." He instantly let go of my arm and I started walking off to school.