Introduction

(Chapter One of 'Alpha Child' )

"Roxy, I think it's time you tell Hue." I look at Natalya. "Okay?"

"Natalya, I'm not even sure about me being pregnant, how can I-"

"You know very well that Hue wants kids so do not say that he might not." I sight and look at her. "Now I want you to get in my car and let me drive you home so that you can tell your mate your pregnant with his child." I sigh.

"Fine, mommy." I say to her then get up and walk to her car. She's right behind me. "You coming?" I say after I get in.

"Yes."

I call Hue and tell him that I'm on my way home and that I lost Watcher's trail. He says he's missed me and that Vivian refuses to eat now. When we get home, Hue's there waiting. He gives me a hug. He must feel my belly since he pulls back and puts his hand there.

"Have you put on weight?" I give him a smart ass smile.

"You haven't seen me for a month, and you ask if I gained weight? That's awsome." He laughs.

"Sorry, Rox." He kisses me. "But, really. Have you?" I shrug.

"Sorta..." He looks at me. "I'm uh...kinda..." I look at Natalya, then at him. "pregnant."

"Your...your...pregnant...?" He looks at me, then smiles really big. "Your pregnant!?" He hugs me and swings me around. I swat at him. "I can't believe it!"

"Stop it! Put me down, Hue." He drops me down and lets me stand. "Thank you." I say. "But, yes, I'm pregnant." He smiles really big again.

"I can't believe it!" He smiles again and holds me close. "I'm so happy!"

"Okay, you can stop with the hugs." I say.

"Roxy doesn't know what to think about being pregnant yet." Hue nods.

"Ah, I see." He says.

"I'm scared for the kid alright? The Hunters can't know." I say.

"Of course not, an Alpha baby would be everything to them." I nod.

"Not even Vivian can know." I nod.

"Of course she can't."

(Chapter Five of 'Alpha Child')

My mom came over and baby proofed the electrical sockets, and the doors. It took me a week to learn how to open the doors. Most of the stuff I have for the baby, is from my mom. Weather it's a hand-me-down or new, she would bring it over. She even brough me a book with names and meanings. She had traditional werewolf names highlighted, so I just flipped through the book.

"How about Ralphie? It means wise wolf." Hue says.

"Ralphie would be more of a nickname wouldn't you think?" I ask.

"Okay, then Ralph. Means the same thing." I shrug.

"Hi!" I look up at Jillian.

"Hey." I say.

"I has a question for you." She says, ploppin down beside me.

"Yea?"

"When you two gonna marry?"

"Jill!" Hue says.

"What? I'm wondering. I mean I know your mates, and I know that Rox is pregnant, but marrige would be another way to bind you guys to each other."

"Wow Jill, maybe we're happy this way." I say.

"Maybe. But, a wedding would be amazing." She gets a look in her eyes that I know. "There would be sparkles and wonderful things."