Chapter One: Exploria

Edited

Exploria

                                  There he was: My annoying husband Michael Banks. Top celebrity lawyer, touching a slut. [But she did have nice legs, I’ll give her that. Michael had always been a leg man].

         I storm into the high class bar, the males giving me the usual lushful stare. It was nothing new, but instead of relishing in it,my gaze was stuck on Michael.

  When I came toward the booth where he was sitting with the blond. His glassy dark brown eyes lands on me and I watch horror appear in his eyes, ''Oh crap! Hey honey.''

 Blondie didn't move out of Michael’s lap, but cling onto him more. “Who are you?” she ask in a high pitch tone.

I cross my arms over my chest. ''No, who are you?'' I ask, glaring at the both of them.

   ''I'm Raychel, top model of Seasonal clothes around New York and Jersey.''

 Michael tries to move Raychel out his lap, but she clings onto him harder.

I flip a lock of my dark blond hair out of my face before I slide into the other side of the booth, facing them with my hands resting on the table.

I watch Michael shakily rake his fingers through his thick black hair before he brings his glass of whiskey to his mouth as it moves but no words come out while he looks at me and tries to explain.

I roll my eyes, getting the hint that Michael wasn’t going to introduce me. “I'm Mrs. Banks.”

  Raychel stares at me with doll-like blue eyes. ''You know my Mitchy!'' she squeals, bouncing up and down in Michael’s lap twirling a lock of her hair.

I bite my lip to hold back a laugh. “So… you go by, ‘Mitchy,’ now?'' I ask.

Michael’s left eye begins to twitch, and he slams his glass down splashing whiskey on Raychel.

 “Mitchy!” she whines, grabbing a napkin to clean off her flashy blue dress.

    Michael pays no attention to her. ''I can explain, Exploria.'' He says, finally shoving Raychel off his lap.

 ''Why are you treating me so bad?'' Raychel cries, stumbling onto her high heeled feet.

 A nearby drunk grabs Raychel by the waist causing her to scream out in shock.        

Michael moves fast, pushing the guy away from Raychel. The drunk threw out unkind words as he tumble back towards the bar.

“My savior,” Raychel coos, clinging onto Michael’s shoulder.

        I stand up, rolling my eyes once more. “I see your busy, Mr. Banks,'' I say softly, brushing past them on my way to the bar to order a dry bloody Mary.

I down the drink sensing my assistant Judy as she sits down next to me at the bar counter.

''Mrs. Banks, are you not going to stop him?'' she asks cleaning off her glasses with her custom-made handkerchief.

 Michael was basically dry humping Raychel, totally ignoring the fact that I was in the room and not even 30 feet away.

         I didn't love Michael but I loved his money and the power that came with it. I moved to New York about three years ago after Michael proposed to me in Paris. I first met him in the bread and wine shop I was co-owner of. He was looking for the best white grape wine.  It wasn't even 10 minutes later we hook up. The first sex session with Michael got so addicting that we did it regularly every day. Three months later while we were in Paris, he proposed. I had been in Paris for a good 8 years so I decided at that time that it was a better escape route to get married and move before people started to ask questions.

           So after marrying Michael, he moved me into a huge mansion, we stayed in fancy hotels, I drove expensive cars, and so much more. I planned to stay with him until he retired or died, and after six years I would move to a completely new country.

In New York City I had started up my own gallery, where I showed new artists’ work, whether it was painting, or singing, or acting. The young adults with so many dreams made me feel human, but also so alone all at the damn time. I don't know if the whereabouts of other vampires. What I knew was some were in hiding, or they were killed off. Before I was turned, I was Princess Exploria, reigning over a kingdom somewhere in Brazil. Other than that, my human life is not clear to me.

 Judy sips her glass of water, humming along to the jazz music being played. “Mrs. Banks!”

 I jump at her tone,'' Yes?''

  She jerks her head towards Michael who is making his way towards us, a frown on his face.

   I sigh, eying him in his wrinkled suit. “What do you want?” I ask.

  Michael grabs my chin, forcing me to look at him. “Honey, all I want is you.”

  I laugh at his comment, my gaze flickering around the bar until I find Raychel all over a guy with shaggy black hair with a tan but she covers the rest of his face with her own gaudily done one.

“Don't worry about her,” Michael whispers sitting down on the bar stool next me, practically dragging me off my seat.

 Judy leaps out her chair. She had a thin frame, and she was lacking the curves of a woman needed. Her baby face coupled with her reddish brown hair she always wore in a ponytail made her look young.”I’ll go check on your ride home.” She says quickly before walking off, her phone in her hand.

 Michael draws my focus back to him, his alcohol laced breath in my face.

 “Michael, I'm the best damn woman that can please you.  So why cheat on me?” I ask.

 His dark brown eyes drift from side to side before settling back on mine. “I'm only checking out,” he pauses bursting out into chuckles,'' the lovely female assets.”

 I frown at his words. “And you don't love all of this.”  I purr, brushing my lips against his before pulling back.

 He kisses me hard but I slam my fist into his stomach, causing him to jerk away from me, struggling to stand up. I follow after him grabbing the fabric of his suit jacket.

  “Exploria-a-a what-“He coughs out.

               ''You know I can kill you,'' I growl into his ear. The nearby bar goers was watching the scene with interest.

 I can hear that his heart is beginning to pound in fear, “I love you! Please don't do that,'' he pleads.

 I smirk, jerking him around, “Then don't cheat on me. I hate when my boy toys become dirty.''

 I quickly let go of him, causing him to trip backwards. I waste no time in balling up my fist and swinging like my dead life depends on it. My fist connects with his jaw causing a loud crack to echo. It was follow by a loud bang when he fell to the floor.

 Judy walks towards me her gaze shifting between a pass out Michael and me. Before she could ask anything I cut in, “Go find some men to put Mitchy here into a taxi and take him home.”

  “Yes, Mrs. Banks.”  She says before signaling two males to pick my unconscious husband.

        “See ya, Judy.” I tell her quickly before walking out of the bar.

 The night air caresses my skin as I walk along the streets of New York.

''Um.....Ma’am?'' calls out a deep masculine voice.

 I gasp; turning around to get blown away by a hot, sweet, human scent that I have never experience in my whole existence. It felt like my thirst was starving as If I was a newborn again.

This could only mean trouble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~