My New Family

Every day was the same.They fed me, played with me, and let me curl up in there blanket to sleep.It was fun and all, but i was starting to get bored with the same old schedule.So basically this is how my day goes.BEEP! BEEP! A noisy alarm clock wakes everyone up.The father and child would make breakfast.The foul stench of black coffee fills my sensitive nose.I hear the sizzle of bacon in the pan.I cant help but lift my head and wander into the kitchen.I stand at the Dad's feet and beg expectantly for bacon.Somtimes i get the burnt ends.Then they sit st the table and eat what the call breafast.I would wait under the table until they finished eating and the fsther says "Sam, feed Lucy the rest." Sam, so thats his name! I think everytime.Then Sam would scrape everything into my bowl.I gulped down the scarps quickly not leaving a speck in it.After that Sam would go to school and dad would go to work.While they were gone I would shred a tissue or two or sometimes drag toilet paper through the house.When they got back Sam would say "Sorry girl, I have to do homework."Whatever homework was, it took a very long time.When he was done he would lure me outside with a tennis ball and we would rough house till dinner time.Usually they ate somthing that involved steak, ribs, or mashpotatoes.Somtimes they odered take-out such as chinese or pizza.

Afterwards i  would follow somone into the bathroom.If i followed Dad he would bend down and pat my head with his huge paw.Then he would take out his teeth.Man, i wonder how he does it! At one point i got so curious I tried it myself. I was scratching at my mouth (or at least trying to!) For an hour! They wound up taking me to the vet.The vet put a big,stupid, plastic thing around my neck for at least a week! Anyway after he took out his teeth he would put a minty paste on them.The smell and taste of it was awful.Then he put his teeth in a cup.But the oddest part was when he did Elvis impressions in the mirror.If i was with Sam we would just spy on "Elvis Presley".