One Hundred (Carlos POV)

I didn't see Emmett or Jessie the next morning and when I asked Samara she said Jessie would be back later. So I went back to my room and started working on the next paper I had due which felt weird for me to do on a Saturday morning. By the time a knock came on my room door, it was one thirty in the afternoon and I had finished two and a half pages of the paper. Opening the door, I found the hallway outside empty and felt confused. I could swear I heard a door knock but apparently not. Turning back to the door, I noticed a post it note. Roses are red, violets are blue. Last hunt was for me, so this one is for you. First clue: something you sleep on every night.

            I smiled at the note, catching on that she meant it was my turn for a scavenger hunt. I thought of the one I made her do for valentine's day and laughed when I remembered chasing her through the rain and mud until we both fell. It was messy but I enjoyed it and felt like it definitely made my top five favorite moments with Jessie. I thought about her clue and knew that it had to be something about my bed. I didn't see anything on my bed when I looked and then realized there was something else I slept on every night; my pillow. Lifting up the pillow, I didn't find anything. But looking inside the pillow case I found a piece of paper and took it out. The first person you told we were together when you got here.

            Thinking about that clue, I knew it had to be Jeremy. I thought the next clue would be on his side of the room but when I looked I didn't say anything obvious. Finally, I called him to see if he knew anything about the next clue. “Took you long enough,” he said as soon as he picked up. “What'd you do, go through all my stuff?”

            “No but it did cross my mind,” I answered. “So, you're obviously in on this. What's my next clue?”

            “That you should have looked through all of my stuff,” he laughed. “I have a history textbook on my desk. Inside the cover will be your next clue.”

            “Alright, thanks,” I said.

            “No problem.” I walked over to his desk and opened the history textbook he mentioned. Inside was a print out page of different pictures of me and Jessie edited into those photo booth formats. On a separate page behind that was another note. We never did get to take a picture in one of those photo booths we always see. But now we have the prints like we did anyway and with all of my favorite pictures of us. Hope you like it as much as I did. =) Final clue: I choose you,...

            It took me less than a minute to figure out that clue. Placing the print out of our pictures on to my desk, I left the room to go across the hall and knock on their door. I hoped that Jessie would open it but when Samara did, it didn't surprise me. If Jessie was really doing this after how I did, then I knew what was coming next and it wasn't going to be her just yet. “Final clue?” Samara asked with a smile as I nodded. She stepped aside and I walked over to Jessie's bed where Pikachu sat against her pillows with an envelope with my name against it. I picked up the envelope as Samara cleared her throat. “Um, not that I'm not all for this cute little game you guys are playing,” she said. “But I have to go meet some people now so I need you to take your clue outside. Sorry.”

            “That's okay,” I laughed. “Thanks for staying long enough for me to get it.”

            “Trust me,” she said. “Jessie would not allow it any other way.” We both walked out into the hall and Samara left, closing the door behind her. I didn't go back into my room, thinking that I would have to leave it again, and instead read the letter where I stood in the hall.

Carlos,

            You are and always will be the cheesy half of our duo so I won't try and take that from you. Mostly because I'll probably just mess it up and make it sound really stupid. As it is, I'm worried about what you will find when you read this so please bare with me if it starts sucking or making no sense at some point.