~Mini Update~ Chapter Seven

Mini update- I don't have a lot of time right now, please be respectful of that :D 

Never Been Kissed- Chapter seven

“No.” My mother said, firmly. Her fists were balled tightly at her sides. And her eyes resembled daggers.  Her hair was pulled into a tight bun and her fingers were stained with dirt.  She had been gardening all morning long. Her prized garden had always been the talk of the town.   Over the last week, she planted over three hundred wild flowers.

James stood before her with his hands tucked into his pockets.  His head was casted toward the ground. I think he was afraid to look at my mother in the eyes.

James had arrived at the house at nine 0’clock on a Saturday.   He wanted to show me the stars at midnight but my mother wasn’t exactly fond of the idea.

Why?” James asked.

My mother took off her gardening gloves and wiped her hands on her jeans.  

“Why?” She repeated, as if his question didn’t deserve an answer.

 James sighed, “Why can’t we go alone?” He asked.

“I’m not going to let my sixteen year old daughter stay out past midnight with a boy. It’s not going to happen.” My mother repeated “Unless….”

Her voice trails off. 

“Unless?” James said. He swallows hard as he waits for to finish.

“Unless, Star lets her brother tag along. Their needs to be one responsible adult with you.” My mother said.

And when did Thomas become a responsible adult? I’m not going if Thomas comes.

I shake my head.

James looks in my direction and smiles, “Please. Don’t you want to see the meteorite shower? There’s not another one for a hundred years.”

Do you know how miserable my brother makes me?

James tugs on the sleeve of my shirt.  “Please, say yes. I find out a way to get rid of him.” He whispered.

I shake my head again.

“Star, I’m begging you. “  James said, “Are you going to make me get on my knees and kiss your feet?”

Well no, I would hate to see a man beg.

“Nod your head once for yes. Please, Please, Please.” James said.

And I nod my head, once.  James is so thrilled that he leans down and kisses my cheek, which causes an unfamiliar sensation in my stomach.