Chapter 14 - Business

Start from the beginning

After falling asleep, a knock on the door had Albert, grabbing his gun off the dresser, “Who is it?”

  “Alonzo.”

 Albert unlocked both of the locks and let his brother inside, “What’s news?”

  “I’ve paid off a few guys in the joint to look out for Domenic, and the others whilst this shit is going on,” Alonzo said. Domenic was another captain in the family who still had a year left until he would see freedom.

  “Good,” Albert said, thinking.

  “Get Benny to get in touch with some of the contractors and see if he can get us some more time,” Albert said.

  “I’m on it.”

  “You okay?” Albert asked.

  “Yeah why?” Alonzo asked, surprised.

  “Because I know how you must be feeling about Donny,” Albert said.

  “It’s hard, I feel like Chuck is shitting on us.”

  “He is. Things will change soon,” Albert said.

  “I know,” Alonzo said.

  “In the meantime, I want you to send a few of your guys to camp out at Willow’s. Samuele is too unreliable, fucking guy was out for hours, just left Donny there alone.”

  “I don’t like that kid,” Alonzo said.

  “It will be good when this shit is all over. I got big things lined up for us,” Albert said.

  Sin explained to Mike, that Albert had given them the go ahead for a few projects. The big guy just sat back in his chair with his feet on the coffee table nodding, as he held the shotgun in his hands. After explaining everything Sin informed Samuele via telephone that a few of Benny’s troops were going to come and keep him company at Willows.

  “You’re moving up fast,” Mike said. 

  Sin dozed off watching the discovery channel, and Mike decided to drag himself to his mattress before he fell asleep.  

  The next morning Mike got up to see Albert having coffee with Alonzo on the balcony; accompanied by Eddie. The big guy found Sin still asleep on the couch, Mike shook the young soldiers foot waking him. 

  “We doing this shit?”

   Sin wiped his eyes, “Yeah,” he picked up his gun off the coffee table.

   “Where to first?” Mike asked, as he drove out of the street.

  Sin punched in the location of the carwash and then made a call to someone indicating he was on his way. 

  Mike pulled up just outside the office of the carwash. The place looked run down and in need of a lot of renovations. The big man shut off the engine and both he and Sin got out of the car, as they did a small black car drove in toward them and Mike made for his gun. Sin stopped him, “It’s okay.” 

  The driver of the small black car climbed out. The man was in his forties; he was dressed sharp in a pinstripe suit and black leather shoes.

  “Sin,” the man smiled, as he waved papers about.

  “Randy,” Sin gestured to Mike, “This is Mike.”

  The businessman just curtly nodded and pulled out a pen from his pocket, “It’s already to go.”

  “Good, I want to open up as soon as possible,” Sin said.

  Randy handed over the papers and Sin signed them on the bonnet of Mike’s car.