Chapter 3

"Morning!" Kate sung as she shook me from my bed.

"Erm, hi." I said, still groggy.

"I just heard that there's going to be a party tonight! Up for going?"

"Sure...who's?"

"Cobalt Jennings. He doesn't go to the Falls. But he's only the hottest guy ever. Well, besides Dr. Hottie.."

"Cobalt huh? What is he?"

"Vamp...but he's really...nice?"

"Taking that as a not so nice."

"Well, he's pretty conceded, but he's nice around other non-vamps!"

"Well that's good."

We headed down to breakfast a half an hour later.

"So? Who's excited for this party!"

"Me!" the girls all sung.

"What's so exciting about it? I mean really, do you guys not have many parties?" I asked.

"Skylar, this isn't just a party, this is an off campus party!"

"And?"

"Well...no adults? All hell breaking lose. Crazy Magix creatures that none of us have ever seen. We don't get out much..."

"I can see that."

The girls continued on talking about the party at this Cobalt dude's house. We all wondered back to our rooms eventually.

"So why does Cobalt have vamp issues?"

"Nobody knows for sure, but most people think that his parents tried to kill him at birth."

"Kill like stab or kill like with...fangs?"

"Fangs."

A shiver went down my spine. Maybe vampires were nicer than everyone led them on to be. It's not like I was expecting them to be those creepy emos that walk around in graveyards with the "You are my prey! I will drink your blood! FEAR ME!" kinda stuff. 

"So, this party is safe, right?" 

"Completely." Kate said slowly.

"Fine. But if I'm Skyalr the Vampire Oracle tomorrow morning, I'll drink you first."

I jumped on my bed and booted up my laptop.

"What are you doing?" Kate said with a confused look on her face as I made stabbing motions.

I pulled out my earphones.

"Watching Buffy..."

************************************************

We all walked down to the student parking lot and piled into Virtue's car. She looked pretty pathetic in the car seat she had to sit in to reach the steering wheel.

A giggle esacped Nessa.

"You wanted a ride, didn't you!" Virtue said.

"Yes! Nessa just had a, erm, tickle in her throat."

Virtue stuck her tongue out and started the car. On the way, we chatted about our outfits. I had to admit, we all were wearing hot numbers tonight. 

"Here we are!" Virtue chirped.

"Whoa.." I breathed. 

I was in shock, I mean what else could I say. The Jenning Mansion wasn't a mansion, it was a bleeping castle