Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5

Okay so here is the thing, I thouht that this would be the last chapter  BUT IT IS NOT because I decided to drag out the night to after the chairty event so Jacob and Mia can have some real alone time to finish off the end of this first book. I will tell you all that I have made up my mind and the next book will follow them in college and you will see what happens with the challenges of them not going to the same school and all that good stuff. 

SO anyways, I want to know, what do you guys think will happen between Mia and Jacob at the end of the next chapter. Do you think something will happen to make then break up, do you think they will stay together, do you think Mia will finally reveal Jacob's mothers true colors to Jacob. What do you think will happen LET ME KNOW. 

OKAY enough of me talking ENJOY THIS CHAPTER (remember it is not the last one) Whines8

sorry ahead of time for mistakes 

****************************************************************************************************

Chapter 37- A Night Of Revealing Truths and Confessions part 5

“Hey, you okay? I saw ‘The Wicked Witch Of Virginia Beach’ over here talking to you from across the room. I tried to get over here as fast as possible. What did she say? I can tell your upset Mia,” Lauren asked with concern written in her features.

But, I couldn’t look at her because I was too busy staring towards the front of the crowded room at Jacob and his parents. I was still reeling over what his mother had just told me and I couldn’t take my eyes off him. He was still talking with them and smiling. I wanted so bad to go to him and smile and laugh with him, but I couldn’t seem to move.

It was only when Gabby pranced over to Jacob and his parents that I tore my eyes away from the group, too upset to keep watching. 

I looked to Lauren quickly, “I need some air,” I said and without explaining any further I turned towards the steps. From behind me I could hear Lauren’s heels clicking quickly behind me, “Well wait for me I’m coming with you,” she exclaimed as she followed close behind me. 

Once we both were back on the first floor of the building, I stopped at the bottom of the stair and looked around for the best escape. Once my eyes scanned the entire lower level, I immediately dismiss the front area seeing people still coming and arriving to the event. Then my eyes instantly land on the wall of windows in the banquet room that leads to the wide wrap around balcony on the back of the building and quickly decide to head out there. 

As I step out on the wooden balcony, I lean myself against the painted metal white railing and breathe in deeply as the warm breeze of the evening blows against my face. I stayed like that for a few moments in silence, just breathing in and out trying to calm my nerves.

“Mia, your worrying me what’s wrong? What happen up there between you and Jacob’s mom?” she asked as she walked up beside me placing a comforting hand against my shoulder, “Tell me, I know that crazy women said something, what did she say to you?”

Giving a deep sigh, I closed my eyes for a quick moment before twisting slight to face her, “I just… I don’t know how to feel right now. One minute I’m happy and proud of myself for standing up for mine and Jacob’s relationship, then the next minute I’m looking at Jacob’s mother’s smug face as she tells me, in her own conniving way, that Gabby is going to be going back to the same private university as Jacob for her last year. Then to make things worse she tries to act like she’s so surprised that I didn’t know any of this and continues to rub it in my face before walking away. Lauren, I don’t know what to do, I don’t know what to think. I don’t want to believe what she said but another part of me wonders, if it is true, why hasn’t Jacob told me yet especially when he knows I’m leaving tomorrow. I mean, I don’t know what to do here, am I overreacting? Should I be worried if what his mother said is true… Should I be worried about our relationship? Because if it is true Lauren, I’m scared our relationship won’t last with her so close to him, you know she will try her hardest to come between us,” I was going a mile a minute as I told Lauren everything I was feeling. I didn’t stop until she place her hands on my shoulders and shook me gently.