✙ Chapter 7 ✙

Hey!

This is the last update for awhile! I have a wedding this weekend and next week, I'm heading off to vacation, which is like nine hours in the car! Ugh! Well, I hope you enjoy - praying I don't disappoint! :)

~Lissa

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nora is my sister," Noah started, seated at the granite counter with a glass of water. "Your f*cking brother took her away - apparently, she isn't dead." After convincing Ryker to release him from his cell, I helped him to the kitchen where I offered him some water for his scratchy throat. At first, Ryker argued with me about allowing him to wander the house, though I assured him that he would've received more answers if he provided Noah with some freedom. Surprisingly, Noah didn't fight nor attempt to escape, meaning he had a reason to stay. Instead, he flopped down on one of the stools at the counter next to me. "I was told you're able to find them."

"How did you find me?" Ryker asked, curiously.

"It took some time, but after torturing a few werewolves, one spilled your location," he answered, picking up his glass of water. Then, with a wicked smirk, he glanced towards Ryker. "Silver knives always do the trick."

A chill ran down my spine at the thought of him torturing people - obviously, he caused harm. I should've known he was one for violence, considering his shredded clothes. But, his green eyes and floppy, sandy-colored hair made him seem innocent; he was probably as worse as Ryker. Fidgeting with the tips of my fingers, I looked at Ryker standing near me, his hands against the granite counter. "My brother took her away for a reason - you know why she's alive, don't you? She murdered her own blood and was bitten by a red-eye."

"I'm aware," Noah responded, bitterly. "But, she's still my sister."

"Not anymore," Ryker shot back, shaking his head. "She's overwhelmed with the urge to kill, meaning she won't run into your arms for a hug - she'll run into your arms to rip out your throat." I gave him a hard look, knowing that his last sentence wasn't necessary. His eyes narrowed and he folded his arms across his chest, causing his muscles to flex underneath his shirt. "Right now, she's a ticking-time bomb; if she explodes, we're all doomed."

Noah scowled. "She didn't ask for any of this! She doesn't deserve all of this suffering! She had to shoot our own father to keep him from killing me! She saved me, so I'm going to save her." After his outburst, I felt my chest grow heavy at the love for his sister. It reminded me so much of Ethan who always looked out for me, especially during the hardest of times. His bottom lip quavering, Noah ran his fingers through his sweaty hair, shaking. "I-I need to help her." I looked towards Ryker, pleadingly. He needed to help him find his sister; this was incredibly heartbreaking.

"You can't save her."

My jaw-dropped open at his response and releasing a huff, I slapped his arm. Ignoring the sparks, the frown on my face remained as Ryker flinched and glared at me, his eyes darkening. "Stop being negative!" I shouted, frustrated with his attitude. I turned my attention back to Noah who was taking a sip of his water. "So, you came here for Ryker to track down his brother and your sister?"

"Yeah, you were a lot easier to find than Ethen," Noah said, licking his bottom lip. "I swear, he's f*cking camouflaged himself."

Ryker shook his head. "It's because my brother doesn't stay in one place for long; he likes to travel. It was just a few weeks ago he was in London."