a poetry book and memoir 061610

A Poetry Book and Memoir

© 2010 by Cheryl A. Hines

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission from the publisher.

Cheryl A. Hines

Orange, VA 22960

ISBN: 978- 0-557-44378

Table of Contents

Preface 4

My Poems Favor 6

Temptation 7

Its Funny 8

Springtime 9

It's a Feeling 10

Oneness 11

Pieces of Love 13

My Black Love 14

Sleeping 15

In my mind 16

A Touch 17

My dreams 19

Stormy days 21

Wishful Thinking 23

We Wait 25

Justified 28

By Grace 30

All Is Not Lost 31

Who I Am 33

The Anger Within 36

Hurting 38

My Desire 40

What Have I Done 43

A Step Back 46

Forgiveness 48

This Woman 51

Just for You 54

What is Love 56

A Memoir

That Day 59

Preface

First giving all honor, praise, and glory to my heavenly father, and my savior Jesus Christ, who gave me the gift of writing. Without the holy trinity there would be no inspiring to write. These following entries of poetry I would like to dedicate to all those who have been where I've been and felt what I've felt. I would also like to encourage those who feel like they don't have the gumption or guts that it will happen -- listen to what god tells you to do -then leave the circumstances to him.

To the reader:

The poems in this book are what I've written just about everyday life. Its trials and tribulations cause us to sometimes deal with several emotions. My grandmother always told me "if you can't say it - write it!" Therefore I've tried to put down all of what I've felt, seen and experienced through my life. Some of these poems are Holy Spirit inspired! These poems I hope to be as advice as well as encouragement. Take these poems and try to apply them to your own life. You'll find that really you're not alone in what you're going through; and that God can and will see you through all!