Chapter Eleven, Healed

 As we draw closer to the glass door, I feel a sense of relief, and sadness. Sad that Avalon never really felt real freedom. Nyx bangs against the glass door and pushes it open with his back. Once more, the sun began to glare in my eyes. We ended up on a spacious grassy clearing, just right before a tall pine forest.

        Nyx faced the two-story grey building and faced his open left hand towards it, his right still gripping unto my arm. Suddenly, white, zigzagged lighting came out of his fingertips and surrounded the building.

              I could see that on the second floor window that the lights came out. I’m in shock as I watch the shining white lightning. I never knew Nyx could do that! Nyx lowered his hand and the lightning streaks disappeared. He looked at me and saw my awestruck face. Nyx chuckled lightly and spoke in a soft voice.

“I was an experiment, just like you, too!”

I looked into his eyes and smiled.

“That should keep them busy for a while.”

    After this clearing, we headed for the forest. After some rushed footsteps we hid behind a large, fat pine tree and some waist-tall bushes. We rested our backs on the trunk of the tree and slowly slid down from tiredness. We looked at each other and laughed. Just like when we were kids. Nyx pulled out something from his left pocket and popped whatever that was in his mouth. I sit up and lay may hands behind me for support.

“What was that?”

Nyx looked at me and smiled.

“Even weirdoes need medicine pills.”

Then we both started laughing again. We could hear nothing else but our laughter and the sounds of birds and occasional hisses.

      Suddenly, we hear ruffling through the bushes, where we passed. Had Zavion followed us? Nyx took his left hand and lighting started to surround it. I closed my eyes and it turned silver again. I took my claws out and-

“Xena, here.” He softly whispers.

Nyx took out a pair of daggers in a brown leather belt case from his jacket. The platinum plated daggers that look just like the recent ones that I used over at my last test experiment. Except that the handle is covered in brown leather.

        My eyes light up. Now I don’t have to use my claws. I take the pair of daggers from Nyx then take them out of their case.  I put the belt on my shorts.

“That jacket of yours comes in handy a lot, doesn’t it?” I whisper playfully, and then I chuckle.

Nyx shrugs and smiles.

As this person came closer, we could hear his heavy panting. I could smell blood. I looked cautiously from behind the bushes. I close my eyes and get them back to normal blue. I sigh again in relief, and then I turn to Nyx and smile.

     “It’s just Byron.”

I stand up and grasp my still burning left hand. It agonizingly hurts. I put the daggers back in their case and stumble to Byron’s arms. I look up at him. His left cheek has a slash across it. It’s bleeding and there’s a giant bloody slash from his left chest to down. I smile anyway.

“Welcome back.”

He smirks.

“I got Axel to tell me more details.” Byron smiles with pride.