I Will Defend You

I got out of bed at 7 in the morning, I had wanted to stay and sleep in but my phone wouldn't stop ringing. I reached over to grab my phone and I saw it was my dad. I picked up to hear him complain and nag that I didn't pick up the first 3 times.

"Dad did you call me to complain and nag or what?" I asked him annoyed.

"William she left me!" He said sounding angrier more then upset.

"Dad she'll come back when she runs out of the money she stole from you." I told him sighing.

"How do you know she stole money? Are you part of this David!?" He asked with an angry expression. I absolutely hated when he called me that. It was my middle name and not to forget his first name.

"No what in the world dad. Come on this isn't the first time she does this! How much she take this time?" I asked him sighing.

"25 thousand." He said flatly.

     I felt a lump rise in my throat. 25 thousand dollars was a lot. But I guess to my dad it was just pocket money. "Dad you need to stop maintaining her." I sighed as I said this.

"David, I love her!" He slightly screamed.

"Dad I got to go. I'll call you later." I told him before I hung up. I didn't even give him time to reply. I grabbed my other pillow and put it on top of me and screamed into it.

        Dad was a music producer. A very famous one in fact. It all started when he stuck it big with this one contract he was able to nail. After that, old faces came back and new ones came acting like they had the best intentions. They claimed to be his 'friends'. Real 'friends' they were when we had found out he cheated on my mom with one of them.

       I got off my bed angry and changed into my running clothes. I grabbed my keyed and opened the door when I saw her. She was standing there with her hand in a fist in the air about to knock.

"Hi." She said.

"What are you doing here?" I asked harshly.

"I need to talk to you." She said acting like she hadn't done anything.

"Listen I don't have time for bull shit you really have some nerve showing up here." I told her. She really does all this shit and thinks she can show up at my door. How stupid is she.

"Can we just talk?" She said.

        I sighed. I honestly wasn't in the mood for hearing her but I didn't have the heart to kick her out even after all the shit she's done. "I got to go out for a little but I'll be back in like an hour so stay here I guess till I come back." I let her in the door as she agreed and I closed the door after me.

         I got out the door and I began to run. I didn't know till how far I wanted to go but I just let my feet take me where they pleased. The farther I ran the louder I heard people screaming and arguing. I ran a bit faster toward the noise and I saw it was guy grabbing what looked like a girl. I got closer and saw that it was Anna, the guy had her by the arm and was yanking her around. She kept screaming at him to let her go and tried pushing him off while calling him a Fuck head in the process.

      I approached the guy and said, "Hey let her go." He turned his head around and game me a 'who the Fuck are you look'. When Anna turned to see me her eyes widened, it had been a week since I saw her at the parking lot in Wal-Mart and she seemed shocked as if out of all the people in the world who she thought would come defend her I was last on her list.

"Who the fuck are you?" he said still grabbing her harshly.

"What does that matter let go of her before things get worse." I said with a serious voice letting him know I wasn't playing.

"Get lost." He simply said and went back to pulling her.

"Let go of me!" she screamed at him trying to break free.

Anna's pov.

         Out of all the people that I thought would be here defending me, William was on the bottom of my list. Ironic how just 7 years ago he was the only one I could think of, now he was the one I didn't even think of. Chase was outside of my apartment when I stepped out to go get some bread. It had only been about 5 minutes of him screaming at me and forcing me to go with him to wherever he wanted me to go when William came.

          When Chase wouldn't let go of me after William told him to, William grabbed his shoulder forcing him to turn around to face him and that's when William swung at him and punched him right in the face. Chase stumbled back a bit but went to go punch WIlliam luckily though William ducked it and punched him in the stomach. They started to fight but William managed to duck most of his hits though I can't say the same for Chase.

          After me screaming at them and neither of them listening to me I took the courage to step in between them when William pushed Chase. William wouldn't look me in the eye only at Chase giving him a look that looked like 'I want to rip your throat out' "William! William, look at me." I said. He didn't though so I grabbed his face and forced him to look at me. "Will, please stop." I said softly. His whole expression changed into a softer tone.

"I'm sorry." He said flatly. I turned around and I saw Chase on the floor. I have no idea how he ended up there since when I had stepped in between them he was up. Chase wasn't knocked out though, he was up against a pile of trash and he was awake. I determined he would be mine and I grabbed William's hand and took him with me so just in case nothing would start again.

             We walked in silence for about 5 minutes and he led me to an apartment building. "Come on." he said. I didn't want to go in though feeling really awkward but I knew I owed him an explanation. We walked to his door and he opened it, he held the door for me motioning for me to step in first. When we both were in that's when I saw a woman walking out of a room in just her bra and underwear.

"Oh." Is all I managed to say.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------*Sigh* Im not really feeling this story, Maybe its because im new to all this? Any ways im trying guys sorry its not the best story out there but Im trying to make it good while at the same time im trying to practice my writting. So yeah, Peace homies, I hope the next chapter comes out better. So yeah, Peace homies (: