17

A/N

ok I have re wrote this chapter several times, especially the ending. I always love to put chapters up that I'm confident about and love and I just don't love this one.

maybe it's just because I hate when people fight who knows! but here you guys are chapter 23!

it's an intense one....ENJOY.

- :) xx

Derek's POV

I walked to the cafeteria joining the pack at the table, "hey Shelly have you seen Maize?" I ask her she shakes her head no before speaking "she never showed up last period." she tells me and I can feel in my gut that something isn't right. Shelly is calling her before i even finish my text asking if she is ok, we then switch and she is texting her and I'm calling. neither of us get a response and are both sent to voicemail. "maybe she is skipping?" josh asks slowly "thats not like her she doesn't just blow off class." spike tells us. "she doesn't just leave without telling me." I add "she knows how I worry."

something clicks in my mind "Adam," I murmur spike looks at me confused "what did you say?" he asks I shake my head getting up from the table angrily. I storm out of the cafeteria and straight to my car. my heart is pounding in my chest as my hands grip the steering wheel. my Wolf wants to come out, it's patients bursting and begging for me to set it free so it can protect it's mate. I have the same feelings but know I have to stay calm so I don't wreck this car and kill myself in a blind rage.

For once I'm sensibly thinking, trying my hardest to not think of Adam or what the bastard might be doing to my maize. Hoping I'm there in enough time to save her from another terrible experience that I've caused.

••••••••••••••••••••

Maize's POV

"they're too tight." I whimper to Adam as my wrists ache due to the rope he has tied around them. "shut up! I told you not to talk!" he shouts making me jump. the Adam I've come to known long gone and is now replaced with a lunatic. but then again he had me fooled into believing he was a nice guy so maybe this is how he always was.

"why are you doing this?" I ask and he stops pacing "He is trying to take you away from me." he tells me "I can't let him do that my precious maize." my stomach turns as he walks up to me and I can feel the vile coming up my throat, before I can stop myself it's out of my mouth and on his shoes. "you bitch!" he bursts his hands slamming me against the wall my back aches and I cry out in pain. "you threw up on my shoes!" he bellows his angry gaze fixating on me again. "I-I'm sorry." I spit out and his switch flickers "it's ok my love." he smiles and I realize I'm dealing with a very unstable boy, but I now know how to keep him calm.

"s-so this is about Derek?" I question tenderly making his head snap "don't say that name!" I take a deep breath and nod. "ok," I tell him gently "so we have to get away, so we can can be together and so he won't take me." I say and he looks at me nodding "but I don't have any of my stuff Adam and I'll want to look pretty wherever we go." he looks as if he is taking this into consideration "plus this rope really hurts and the mark it's leaving makes me insecure."

"you're right my love you're right." he says as he comes to untie the rope. "before we get your stuff we have to kill him so we can run away together peacefully." my heart aches at the thought of Derek getting hurt let alone killed. my eyes glance around the room seeing the several guns and knives he has and I know he could easily do the job if he needed to. "no we don't, killing Der- I mean him would only cause us more problems. police would be after us and everything." I inform him "he will leave us alone once he knows the truth about us."