1❁

*~*~*~*

Elise

I couldn't help but sigh as I climbed aboard the Hogwarts Express, surrounded by other children getting told goodbye by their mums and dads. There was smiling, waving, joyful shouting, and so many other noises. Some parents were sobbing softly as they sent their children away for the first time, others kept straight faces but at least they were here.

My mum had come dropped me off and left without so much as a goodbye. All she said was to make sure that I did as well in school as I normally did, and that she'd better not get any owls about me misbehaving. My mum was very busy with her job as she worked at St. Mungos and a patient she was working on was in critical condition, but I thought she should've at least been able to get off work to see me off. I was able to look around and spot other St. Mungos workers sending their children off. My dad was a lost cause, there was no way he would've dropped me off. He used to come drop me off, until fifth year that is, so this was only my second year without him saying goodbye to me. My dad used to be very caring and loving, always making time for me despite his work at the Ministry. All of that had changed no though, and I had decided just not to question it.

I boarded the train and made my way to where a lot of my Slytherin friends sat, along with my best friend, Allison Meadows. She was gorgeous, with pretty blonde hair and light blue eyes. When I saw her, her skin was tan from summer. I went and sat down next to her, slightly embarrassed by how pale I was compared to her.

I flipped my brown hair over my shoulder, brushing away my uneasiness. I was one of the most popular girls in the sixth year, and I knew that. With my thick hair and dashing blue eyes, there were literally guys waiting on my doorstep. I always turned them away though, I wasn't really one for getting in bed with just anyone. The only girl in Slytherin more popular then me was Pansy Parkinson, and that was only because she was a complete slut. Offering herself to anyone willing, it was pretty sick to think about just how many guys had done her. I pushed the thought away.

"How was your summer?" I asked. Allison and I had spent almost the whole summer together, but she had spent the other time in Scotland with her family, apparently it had been sunny where she was.

"Amazing," she replied. "Oh my gosh, and Blaise bought me the most gorgeous ring for my birthday. Thank you, by the way, for my gift." She grinned at me and showed me the ring Blaise had gotten her. It was beautiful. Her and Blaise Zabini had been dating since our fourth year and she was convinced that she was utterly in love with him. It looked like he had spent a lot of money on her gift, I had simply bought her a new dress that she had liked when we went shopping. She didn't know I had bought it until I gave it to her and she was very surprised according to her letter.

"You're welcome, just don't forget mine," I teased. "Blaise must have spent a lot on that."

"Oh, he didn't spend a thing," Allison said smiling. "It was his grandmothers, she told him to give it to his love whenever he found it. We met up the day after my birthday, that's when he gave it to me. He told me he loved me."

"What did you say in return?" I demanded.

"Well, I said it back," she said softly. "And Elise, I really meant it. Do you think he meant it?"

"I'm sure he did, if he gave you his grandmothers ring."

At that exact moment, Blaise walked in the compartment with none other than Draco Malfoy. I rolled my eyes as Pansy swooned over him. They sat down across from us, Blaise sat by Allison. Draco kept waving Pansy off.

He looked annoyed, well, more annoyed than usual. He also looked paler and like he had lost some weight. I eyed him for a moment before losing interest and looking away. He was nothing special, just another manwhore of our school. All he did was get girls and break their hearts, which I is why I was surprised why there were still so many girls waiting in line for their turn, despite his good looks.