3

This chapter's longer :) Enjoy!! 

(side pic is the mystery girl :D)

We talked for hours. It was literally the deepest conversation I’ve ever had. Something about this girl made me want to rip my heart out of my chest and hand it over. I learned about her strict-as-hell parents and how she’s never really been accepted by them. She told me about how every relationship she’s been in has ended up badly. There was so much more to her than a hot body and quirky remarks. She had ambitions, fears, and hopes. Her dream was to be an artist, travel the country. 

She learned just as much about me. I told her about my too-busy mom and dad. My secret love of reading and writing was revealed, and I could’t stop myself from telling her about how I thought relationships in high school were pointless. She heard about how I couldn't really be myself with anyone. At that statement, she had solemnly said that I could be myself with her. My heart had skipped a beat. 

During the entire conversation, anytime I was talking, I felt like I was boring her. Why would she care about my life? I was proven wrong, though. Whenever I looked at her, her eyes were alert with interest and she was listening intently. Eventually, I brought it up.

“It’s amazing that you actually seem to care about my life. Most girls wouldn’t.” At the time, she was laying on her back on the plush bed while I sat up against the headboard. 

She turned to face me, “Well, I’m not exactly like ‘most girls’” 

“Oh, trust me, I know.” 

“I don’t know if that’s a compliment or an insult.” She pushed herself up and leaned against that headboard next to me. Our shoulders were touching. My usual confidence was nowhere to be seen. This girl had to be the only person I felt inferior to.

“It is a compliment,” was all I managed to mumble. 

“You know,” she started, “you’re not like most guys either.” 

I turned to face her, only to see a pair of big, beautiful eyes gazing at me seriously. “I’m just like every other guy. I sweet-talk girls into getting in bed with me, I’ve had so many stupid girlfriends, and I always break up with them.” I looked down, ashamed. 

I felt a hand on my chin lifting my face to look at hers. “That’s the person you want people to think you are. You aren’t so bad, I can see that.” Her hand lingered on me.

“Can I kiss you?” I asked when my eyes slowly met hers. The feeling was surprisingly overwhelming. I just wanted to show her that I truly appreciated her words. 

She bit her lip and frowned. Her hand dropped to her lap. “You have a girlfriend... And I’m not good with relationships...” She wouldn’t meet my eyes. 

I was disappointed. More than I probably should be. But I put on a sufficient show, by smiling and shaking my head. “You’re right. Forget I even asked,” I said. 

She sighed softly, a smile played on her lips. “Thanks for asking though, if you didn’t, I might have had to whip out my self-defense skills.” 

I chuckled, “Now that would have been interesting.” 

She narrowed her eyes, “I could kill you.” 

“Yeah, okay.” Suddenly, she gave me a hard shove, almost making me fall off the bed. 

“What was that for?!” I exclaimed. 

“I had to show you how dangerous I am.” 

As I rolled my eyes, my phone rang. Pulling it out of my pocket, I looked at the screen and grimaced. “It’s Ariana.” I stated. 

“Well, answer it!” 

I took a deep breath, “Hey.” 

“Mike? Where are you?” She practically slurred the words. God knows how much she drank. 

“Just hanging out with a friend.” I glanced up at Ariana. 

“Who? I’ll meet up with you.” 

“No, its cool.” 

“I swear Mike, just tell me where you are.” 

I silent for a moment before saying, “We should break up.” 

“What?!” 

“Yeah.” 

“Are you serious?” 

“Yeah.” 

“Ugh. I can’t believe you!” She hung up on me.

I stuffed the phone into my pocket, “At least that’s out of the way.” 

“That was a little harsh...” 

“There’s really no other way to deal with her.” 

“I’m sure talking to her in person would have been better.” 

I shook my head, “Not really. She would have started crying and I would have felt bad.”

“Aw, so there is actually a heart in there.” She lightly poked my chest.

I just smiled and leaned back. With my eyes on the white ceiling, I spoke. “Do you know what I just realized?” 

“That I’m awesome?” 

I laughed and responded, “I already knew that.” I looked down at her, loving how short she was compared to me. 

“Then what?” 

“I don’t know your name.” I felt like an idiot for not asking when we first started talking.

 She raised an eyebrow, “You do realize we’ve been in the same school for our entire lives.” 

“I know, but I just don’t understand how I’ve never noticed you before. You’re hot.” 

“You make me feel so special.” There was no emotion in her voice.

“I can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic...” 

“If you never noticed me at school, what made you notice me before?” 

I meant to tell her just how beautiful she was, but instead I only managed to blurt out, “You weren’t dancing.” 

“Huh?” 

“Everyone else in the room was dancing, except for you.” 

She was quiet for a moment, “I was people-watching.” Now it was my turn to be confused, I raised an eyebrow. She noticed and continued, “I find people very interesting. Theres just something about watching how people act and talk.” 

“Yeah, its creepy.” 

“Do you need a piece of my self-defense skills again?” 

That brought a smile to my face, “No, of course not. I do want to know your name though.” 

She smirked, “I’m not going to tell you.” 

“Why not?” 

“We go to the same school, you’ll find me.” Just as I was about to reply, a phone beeped. It was hers. She pulled it out of her bra and started scrolling and pressing buttons. 

“Shit. I have to go.” 

I couldn't avoid the disappointment. “Why?” 

“Its a lot later than I thought. Crap.” She was already starting to rise up off the bed and head towards the door. 

“Wait. Do you have a ride?” She shook her head.

“C’mon, we’ll take my car.” I got up and stood facing her by the doorway.

She began to protest, “No, its okay-” 

“I’m taking you home.” 

“Fine. But only if you pinky promise to only take me home.” At first, I thought she was just kidding, but the expression on her face said otherwise. She was fiercely serious. Her hand was held out to me with her pinky finger extended. I hooked mine through hers and we were off. 

Please comment, it means a lot!!!!