"Can I tell you something?"

I dedicate this chapter to 3 lovely ladies on instagram: @ladyveilchen, @dragonmystique and @sweet_serendipity_39. Thank you for your lovely and sweet comments (:

----------------

You lay in your bed as the way Yuzuru was looking at Mao kept replaying in your head. He seemed so happy and he kept looking at her like she was the most beautiful girl ever. Which is true since Mao is so beautiful and you're... you. You were pretty sure Yuzuru had some feelings for you, but that night, he couldn't keep his eyes off of Mao. After the exhibition, you went straight to the hotel room and stayed in there. Yuzuru didn't even bother to check up on you because you found it he went to go eat with Team Japan afterwards which means he was probably with Mao. Of course, Yuzuru doesn't see more than just a friend. You guys are bestfriends and you guys will always be that. Nothing more. You wanted to cry, but you already he knew he didn't like you back.

"I'm so stupid to think that he actually liked me back" You say to yourself and slap yourself on the forehead.

You just had to face the reality even though you wanted to deny it. Like you promised your mom, you returned back to Canada right after Nationals because she wanted to keep an eye on you. Yuzuru stayed up in Japan for a little while longer to spend time with his family before coming back to Canada to train for the Olympics. Since he was training, you didn't really try to call or text him because all you wanted was to focus on skating. You didn't want him to get distracted.

-----

You're home alone when you suddenly hear a knock on the door. You looked at the time to see that it couldn't be Yuzuru because you knew he would be practicing right now. You run downstairs and open the door to see someone with a bouquet of flowers in their hand, but you can't see their face because they are blocking it with the flowers. You look at the person and you can obviously tell it's a boy.

"Umm..." You start to say when the person moves their hands and the flowers to reveal their face.

"Surprise!" Yuzuru says and gives you the biggest smile ever

"Hey! What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at practice?" You ask him while letting him inside

"I took the day off so I figured I would visit my bestfriend" He says while smiling

"Oh wait, these are for you" He says while handing you the flowers

"Thanks. You're really sweet as usual" You say while taking the flowers and putting them in a vase.

"So...." Yuzuru says and sits on the couch

"We haven't seen or talked to each other in a while" He says as you sit next to him, but leaving a good amount of room between you two.

"Yeah, I know. You must be really busy" You reply

"I've been at the rink everyday so I guess you can say that"

You just nod your head and look away

"By the way, you never told me you were leaving Japan. I thought you were going to stay a little while longer"

"Oh sorry.." You say

"I thought it was because I did something wrong or that you were mad at me"

"What? Pshh.. no... My mom just wanted me to come home" You say remembering the exhibition

"Oh, I see. I also thought you've been ignoring me" He says

"I just.... didn't want to distract you"

"You don't distract me. In fact, when you're around, you push me to skate better"

"How so?" You ask him