Unwanted

Ever since the day I was born I felt as if my father blamed me for my mother's death; even though she was killed by an aggressive brain tumour. As I grew up it felt as if I was invisible to him. No matter what I did I couldn't be seen. A part of my soul died the day my father threw me out of home when I was 18 and told me that it was my fault mum died in the first place.

For year I craved my father's love and felt as if no one heard my voice. It wasn't until I met my boss and friend, Scott Menzies, that I found someone who cared about me the way my dad should've. Jordan Carpenter may have been related to me by blood but that was it. For years all I got from him was silence and looks of blankness. My brother, Jake, and our older sister, Olivia, had no idea what to do. My older siblings shared the silently cruel, distant treatment our father gave us. If only mum was still alive because we wouldn't have been in the rut that were stuck in.

The only thing dad gave a damn about was his work and becoming the Head Sargent of Uralla's police force. But later all he did was join the Federal Force and leave me and my cousins, the Calloways, to fend for ourselves. In a way he betrayed us and practically abandoned us and even blamed us for the death of our mother, Claire. My oldest sister, Katina, blamed me the worst. She abused me physically, mentally and emotionally and told me that I was ugly and no one would ever love me.

Even to this day her bitchy words and dad's blame of me haunt me. I don't know if my heart will ever be whole again.