The Dream

I watched as the two kids blew into the plastic wands.A large floating cirlce came out.I had seen these many times and every single time, i got the same response; My nose would wonder to the pungent aroma of the floating creation.I would try to pounce on it, but then it would disapear and a gooey liquid would splash my nose.I hated the reeking smell.But i woke up.Everythinng was gone, the scent, the kids, everything.

I was in the pound still.I stuck my nose out of the cold metal bars to my lonely cage.I heard people come in.I could sense a child around five or six, And a older man in his forties.They were walking down the aisle of howling dogs when they stopped at me.The manager there said the usual; "This is a female husky.We have had her here for awile.We call her Snow White, like the princess!She is a calm gentle dog, but loves the outdoors!" He said with the common cheesy smile on his face."Well she looks strong and we are looking for an active dog.We will take her!" The what im guessing, Father said."Yipee!Im going to call her Lucy!" The child said.I jumped up and wagged my tail.This was the first time the icey cold blue in my eyes shined in over three years!It was also the first time somone even stopped to give me a compliment!

The dog catcher unlocked my cage.Right away I jumped on the boy licking his face making him crumble to the floor laughing.I thought to myself, this is my family now.