Winter Bliss

Another short story that I wrote in 7th grade :) So don't judge :)

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It was a beautiful, sunny winter day when Tom arrived. Tim and Jim, who were four years old, twins, and best friends at the time, were playing outside in the snow. That was when Tom came. He was just about to turn 5 when they took him. He didn’t know what was happening but he wondered what all this white was coming from. Tom went out of the car and immediately saw Tim and Jim playing. He inched closer by the second. When Jim saw Tom he suddenly liked him. They both said hi and then, both started to play in the snow and chatter. Tim was all alone and could hear them chattering without him. He was all sad and alone when he started to feel something bad stirring inside him. That day on December 13th, 1987 two boys became best friends and both made an enemy.

            The Appleton’s house was the most colorful and cheerful house on Hickory Drive. The whole house was a mint color, with plum windows, and a coral colored door. The house was always bustling with noise. The fan stuttered when it was on in the summer. While in the winter there was always the soft aroma of chocolate cookies in the air. If someone wasn’t careful the floor would try to make them fall.

            All three brothers went to Clarkson School. Tom with his golden wheat colored hair fell in choppy lengths. Bright ocean blue eyes that most girls would say were endless. While everyone was bored or tired his eyes were always riveted on the teacher. When he enters the room, it was like the golden sun came into the room. Everyone starts to wake up and smile. Girls and boys would go up to greet him. He would joke around and everyone would laugh. Jim was almost entirely different.

            Jim was almost the exact opposite. With raven black hair that slightly curled. Big green eyes with a hint of violet. He would get impatient but, was always the first to apologize. When he entered next to Tom he was like the moon. Even though Tim was his twin, they were nothing alike.

            Tim always had a strange glint in his eye. He has Dark brown wavy hair cut short and hooded emerald eyes. On the first day of school the teacher noticed that Tim was staring at his brothers with a sinister look on his face. Everyone thought that he never ate because of his scrawny figure. You would usually find him in the corner writing on paper. One day chaos hit the Appleton family.

            On a fine winter morning the three brothers were in school. Just as Jim was about to raise his hand he felt something light on his hand. It was probably from Tom. Tom was always passing notes when he was excited about something. Well, it was the last day of school before Winter break and everyone was excited, except Tim. “These days Tim’s grown distant, and he was never excited for anything. I guess I’ll just see if I can talk to him in private” Jim thought as he was listening to the teacher talking. Everyone was waiting until Miss Waldencamp would announce that they could go home.

“Here it comes.” Jim whispered under his breath.

Then, when the teacher said to have a nice weekend in less than a minute everyone was gone except for Tom and Jim. Tom waited for Jim impatiently.

“Come on Jim! Tim’s going to eat all the Christmas cookies.”

 Jim quickly gave him a glare then turned back to packing up. When he was done Jim, walking briskly went out the door.

            “Bang” the door went as both Tom and Jim slammed it. Simultaneously they both ran to the cookie jar. They were quickly stopped by their mother.

“Where have you boys been, it is past seven o’clock and you boys just got home.”

 Tom stepped up and said. “Um sorry Ma we stopped and went to Carter’s house.”