Diamonds & Pearls (11)-When Death Is Knocking

Previously In Diamonds & Pearls:

“When...they leave...find...Dante...” Cole rasped before passing out. I caught him before he crashed to the floor.

“Wake up!” I whispered, his weight bringing immense pain to my shoulders. I could hear footsteps coming closer and my heart started pounding. What was he talking about? What was going on?

 Oh Allah, keep us safe, I prayed silently. Two booted feet stopped in front of the stall.

 Diamonds & Pearls

 Before You Read: Hey guys! Quick reminder here! If you're delaying a prayer right now to read this story, stop whatever you're doing and go pray! Don't let anything take you away from Allah. Especially not this story. Now if you're all prayed up, go ahead and enjoy this chapter.

CHAPTER ELEVEN-When Death Is Knocking

Fear caught in my throat and I found myself unable to breath. Without a second thought, I tightened my grip on Cole's limp body. I was just going to have to pray that I wouldn't be held accountable for touching him like this. The anonymous person started banging on the stall door violently. I could literally say that my heart was beating in my throat with fear.

“Who's inside?” A masculine voice shouted. I cringed at the anger in his words. An idea was starting to push through my fear.

“Can you be quiet! I'm trying to take a crap here!” I shouted back, slightly unsure of myself. My voice shook hard. I hoped the man outside would assume I had really terrible diarrhea or something.

“Open the door.” The man shouted once more, shaking the stall angrily.

“Why are you in here? This is the girls bathroom buddy. Guys bathroom is another door down.” I said, mimicking agitation although all I felt pumping through my veins was liquid anxiety.

“What's taking so long. Did you find Brackson's kid or not?” Another male voice said from the other side of the bathroom.

“This is the last stall, there's a girl in it.” The man in front of the stall grumbled. I heard the sound of metal clinking on metal. Please don't tell me he has what I think he has. My brains couldn't outwit a bullet.

“Forget about her and put that thing away, we already pushed this too far by following that brat into the school. He's injured so he'll pop sooner or later. Let's go. I saw one of his brothers run toward the subways.” The other man said and I heard them both leave the bathroom. I stood still, unable to trust that they had really left.