Chapter Nine, My Unknown

Start from the beginning

Zavion walked back to my right side. And whispered in my ear again.

“Would you like to know something that you never tried to ask?”

I hear an added smirk. I feel the liquid going through my veins. It’s traveling quickly. Feels like its headed for my heart. Its hurting me. I want to hug myself but I cant move.

“W-what the heck is t-this crap?!” I scream. Zavion laughs sadistically about my remark.

“What’s so freaking funny?!” Zavion stopped laughing.

“Well I guess you don’t know . . .” He sighed with his little smile. “You’re a natural hybrid too, Xena.”

Confused, I tilt my head. I can’t be. I remember so well that I was kidnapped and all that crap happened.

“Wow.” Axel said and looked at me. I turned to his way. He took the injection off my arm and covered the open hole on my arm with his thumb. My arm is a bloody mess. Zavion started to talk.

“The only reason your heart is so weak is that I sealed the rest of your chromo . . .”

Blah blah blah blah blah. That’s really all that I heard. I saw Axel yawn . . .twice.

“Dude . . .speak English.” I said. Zavion grunts in annoyance. Then he smiles.

“Your hearts weak because that’s what had to happen to seal off the rest of your abilities.”

I’m shocked. I never really thought about that. To think of it, I never really knew about that stuff. Wait, but that means my parents had to be hybrids. But why seal off the abilities? What the heck is this old man’s goal?

“Interesting questions.” Oh crap. Right. He can read minds.

“Get out of my head!”

He smiles.

“You’re here anyway. Might as well know.” The whole room lights up. The whole room is circular and the ceiling is a dome. There are two open doors in front of me and I seem to be on a tilted vertical bed on the center of the spacious white room.

Nyx is standing by the light switch, beside the left door. His hands crossed while leaning on the wall. Zavion turns towards that door.

“Get out, Nyx.” Zavion says in a mad voice. “I didn’t call you.”

Nyx walked slowly, getting closer to Zavion.

“You never told me or Avalon that we have other siblings!”

“Oh give me a break! Avalon doesn’t even know!” Said Zavion, harshly.

“I don’t know what?” We all turn to the right door. Avalon and Byron are panting by the door. Avalon is in shock; Her eyes darting back and forth from the old man Zavion and Nyx.

There’s silence in the room. Axis and Axel is just staring at the door. Zavion is staring at Avalon. Nyx is staring at the door. Axel just dropped the injection. The sound of glass shattering on the floor.

“Nyx?” Avalon stared at Nyx with nearly teary eyes.

“Avie . . .Please . . .”

“No! You had me believing that we didn’t have any parents!”

Avalon runs out and cries. Byron goes after her.

Axel and Zavion run after them too. Zavion shouts “Get them! Get them!” as they run across the hall. I hear faint footsteps and screaming in the hallway.

“Hellooo? Anyone forget about me?” Everyone just left me. One minute they’re hunting me, the next, they leave me. Wow.

“No.”

I turn to Axis.

“I think you should see my father’s vision.” Axis walks closer to me. Nyx is collapsed on his knees, looking down.

“As you can see, the climate change and weather has gotten extreme. My father plans on creating a human hybrid that can adapt to all these.”

“So I don’t see how being able to be an animal or creating fire with a snap has anything to do with adapting.”

Axis looks down, then back at me.

“Well, my father’s also been trying to create a supreme race of humans.”

Well great. Now we’ve got Dr. Frankenstein.

“What’s the point? I bet it’ll never happen.”

Nyx throws his head back and starts laughing uncontrollably.

“Xena . . .don’t you ever wonder why you could read minds and why you could use claws and all that other crap?”

“The read minds part? Yeah. But the other parts? Not really.”

 “All those things they injected into you; they were all to unseal all the abilities you were supposed to have.”

Axis stared annoyingly at Nyx.

“Well, thank you for explaining for me, Brother.” Axis said sarcastically.

“Shut up. I bet that guy hasn’t even told you why they sealed off her abilities!”

“Wow. Proves how much you’re desperate for attention.” Axis smiles sadistically. And walks around Nyx. Nyx stands up and looks at his half brother, annoyed. Then he smiles.

“You’re trying to prove that father tells you crap because you’re not just some failed little project.” Said harshly by Axis.

Wow . . .I have no doubt that those two are definitely Zavion’s kids.

“Hey!” The siblings stopped circling each other and looked at me.

“I still want to know all the details you guys left out!”

Nyx looked down and took a deep breath. He looked up at me and walked closer.

“Look. I think you’d rather not know.” Nyx said impatiently.

He took a small, palm-sized, silver, four buttoned remote from his pocket. The buttons were red, blue, yellow, and green.

Then Zavion came out of nowhere and put his hand on Nyx’s shoulder. Axel came in from the right door, panting. Avalon came out of the left door and stared at me. She was in tears and she was a bloody mess. Her medium length gold hair has been tangled and blood stains her experimental clothes. I’m guessing they changed her clothes as soon as she came back. I looked at myself. The outfit Raze gave me is still here. Just now, it’s really dirty and stuff. Where’s Byron? Nyx pressed the blue button. I hear robotic movement sounds from above. There’s a robotic arm that came out from the dome. I notice that there are doors on the dome ceiling and the arm came out of one of the doors. The arm’s end reassembles to become somewhat of a laser. Axis takes a red button-looking thing

“Let’s see if this’ll unseal you . . .” Zavion said with a smile. “It’s a bunch of sun rays that . . .”

I hear nonsense again. But it has something to do with the sun’s rays.

“We can’t guarantee that you will come out of this alive.” Zavion smirked again. “You’re its first client.”

My heart is beating faster now. Sweat rolling from my forehead. Axis comes forward and wipes my face with a cold cloth. He had somewhat of a smile and a frown together. Then he stepped back.

“Push it, Nyx.” Zavion says with fake kindness. “Push the button, my son.” He softly whispers in Nyx’s ear.

“No!” I hear Avalon’s scream. The laser makes an ear thrilling sound. Then a purple light started glowing on the end of the laser. It kept shining brighter each second.

Nyx stopped smiling and frowned. A tear shimmered in the light as it dropped from his eye. He whispered.

“I’m so sorry, Xena.”