Chapter 19

The doctor removed the cast from my arm and I lifted my arms up, "I'm free! My wrist is free! Yucky, but free!" I cheered.

Niall and the doctor both laughed at me, and I felt silly for a moment. But I always feel silly or strange so nothing was different in that aspect.

We were in Dublin as the next stop, and I had the 'okay' to get my wrist cast off. It wasn't that injured to begin with, so I got to get it off early. Woo! Oh wow, I'm strange. And awkward. Oh boy. Why was Niall dating me?

The doctor let me wash off my arm considering it was all grossed up from being under a cast for so long. There was actual slime. That's completely disturbing. How did my body even make that goo? Did it come from my body or the cast? So many questions.

I asked the doctor, "Do you know when I get my leg cast off? Because as relieved I am that I don't have to be in a stupid wheelchair, crutches aren't looking too hot either."

"I don't know...maybe two more weeks? Maybe more, maybe less." He informed me.

"Oh, okay. At least I don't have to use that wheelchair. So, are we good to go?"

"Yup! Have a good day! And remember to not work your wrist too much for a little while."

"Okay! Thanks!" Niall and I left the office. "Niall. These crutches hurt my armpits."

He chuckled, "Sorry, babe."

We went to the car and started driving. We were going to go to his house in Mullingar, and I was going to meet his parents. Yup, I was completely dreading it. What if they hated me and made Niall break up with me? Oh my gosh, what would I do if Niall broke up with me? I'd probably hide in a box and ship myself to Antarctica. Does Antarctica have a postal service? Because if they didn't there could be some flaws in my plan and I'd end up somewhere in South America. Peru, maybe.

"Cal, why are you shaking?" Niall asked me from the drivers seat.

"What? Shaking? I'm not shaking. Who said I'm shaking?" Even my words were shaky. Oh Lord.

"Are you nervous because you're meeting my parents?" I didn't reply, which he took as a yes. "Don't be! They'll love you, just like I do."

I smile and joked, "I am a very lovable person..."

"I know." He grinned, looking over at me for a split second before gluing his eyes back to the road.

A little over an hour later, we pulled up to the house, but I was hesitant to get out of the car. Niall noticed this, and calmed me down. I finally made my way out of the car and up to the porch. Niall knocked on the door, and a man opened it.

"He's here!" The man, who was probably his dad, announced before grabbing Niall in a hug. "And he brought his girlfriend!"

I blushed, smiling awkwardly. This was going to be a long day, wasn't it?

"Dad, this is Calista. Calista, this is my dad." Niall introduced.

"It's nice to meet you," I managed to stick one of my hands out for him to shake.

Niall's mother came to the door, "Oh, isn't she just lovely!" She sent a smile in my direction.

Blushed again. "Thanks."

"Mom, stop. You're being embarrassing." He hissed towards his mother discreetly. But not that discreet as I could still hear him.

"Come inside!" She directed and we followed her in. I have to say, I was glad I was on crutches rather than using that wheelchair. I swear, the wheelchair made life ten times harder.

We spent a long time just chatting in the family room, but Niall, his dad, and his brother all ended up absorbed in some sports game on TV. Niall's mom struck up conversation between us; she was such a sweetheart! She was honestly one of the nicest people ever. No wonder Niall was so amazing! We talked about how tour was going, about my childhood, about how I got to where I was (touring with the boys), and, of course, Niall.

Niall's POV:

I was starting to get a little concerned about what my mom was talking to Cali about. They had to be talking about me. They were obviously talking about me!

"Hey! What are we talking about over here?" I interjected, sitting down next to my girlfriend.

"None of your business!" Mom replied simply. Actually, it's all of my business! Cali's my girlfriend, you're my mom, it is most definitely my business.

"Yeah, go...watch sports. Or do something manly. Change it up a bit." Calista nudged me with a grin.

"Whoa, offensive."

"It should be."

"Oh, okay. I see how it is!" I started tickling her.

"Niall! Stop! Stop it! I don't like being tickled, you know that!" She spit out between giggles.

I continued to tickle her, "Well I don't like to be called non-manly! Take it back and I'll stop tickling you!"

"Nope!" She shook her head, clearly getting joy out of her answer.

"Take it back!"

"No!"

My brother interrupted, "Please, keep the PDA to a limit here! Some of us do not wish to see it!"

"I'll stop tickling her when she takes it back!"

"Niall, I...can't...breathe!"

"Take it back!"

"Okay! Okay! I take it back! You're manly!"

I stopped tickling her and flashed a smile, "Thanks."

She rolled her eyes at me and my mother muttered something along the lines of, "How cute!"

I was relieved that my family liked Calista. I mean, I knew they would, why wouldn't they? She's sweet and kind and beautiful! But for some reason, knowing that my family liked my girlfriend made everything ten times better.

Later in the day, we all gathered around the table to eat the lunch my mom made. We never usually ate together at the table, but hey, there's always time to try new things. We had hardly started digging in when Cali jumped.

"What happened?" I asked; we were all extremely confused.

"Wait, do you have a-" she looked under the table and answered her own question, "dog. Okay. That's a relief. I thought there was some person trying to attack my feet and I got creeped out. It is all good!" She gave a relieved face, before casually going back to eating her food. We all laughed at her and she was confused. She questioned innocently, "What?"

"Nothing." I smiled and my mom leaned into my side.

She whispered, "Keep her around. I like her."

A smile made its way across my face, "I like her, too."