#imagine for @DanniiLouise_TW

It’s the first day that you wake up alone in a few months. Nathan usually wakes you up by moving hair out of your face or rubbing your cheek gently. Yesterday, he told you that, because of all that’s going on with the band, it’s too hard for him to be in a relationship. You understood completely but you’re still so hurt. You want to be with him but you don’t want to hold him back from his dreams and doing what he wants. Hesitant, you let him go. Before he left, he hugged you tight and told you that he will never lose touch with you. As soon as he left, you let your emotions out and cried all night.

As you get ready for school, you try to think of anything but him. With no luck he’s all that comes into your mind. As you walk to school, he’s all you think about. During school and even walking back from school.

Your friend texts you that night to make sure that you’re still meeting her at the grill tonight. You almost forgot.t least this will get him off my mind,you think to yourself. You get ready to go to the grill and look in the mirror to check yourself. Tucked in the corner of the mirror is a picture of you and Nathan that you’ve never seen before. The picture was obviously not taken by either of you. You two looked like you were playfully dancing. Nathan was smiling with his mouth open, mid-laugh, looking at the camera. You were also mid-laugh but staring at Nathan . When people saw you two together they always mentioned the look you gave Nathan . They described it as a protective yet endearing look. Like he was yours and you were proud to be his. You two may have seemed like a silly couple but people didn’t know how mature you two were. When Nathan was acting like a kid, you made up for it by watching him and making sure he didn’t do anything stupid. It was the most amazing thing, you think. The photo in your hand was obviously edited and there were words at the bottom of the picture; “Don’t ever forget what we had, I won’t. -N”. A half-smile forms on your face. This was the sign to let go.

You put the photo back in the corner of the mirror and grab your purse. You call your friend and tell her that you’re on your way. You open your bedroom door and jump. Perfect brown hair, dimples, shining eyes, and a perfectly formed lips was all you saw. You shook your head to see if this was real. It very much was. He looked at you carefully. So many emotions flooded your heart, that all you could do was tear up. Nathan reaches up and slowly wipes the tear laying on your cheek. He holds your face in his hand. You turn your head slightly and bring your hand up to his on your cheek. You want to pull it away, but you can’t. You won’t. He pulls you in, looks you in the eyes, and says, “Please don’t cry.” He brings his lips to yours and plants a soft lingering kiss. After, your eyes still remain closed. You want to yell at him, you want to punch him, you want to do anything to let out how you’re feeling but you know he wants to explain. You know that he has a reason why he’s here. You let him tell you.

Nathan spills out everything. He tells you that the minute he left you, he sat on the side of the road in his car for a good three hours. He told you that he went home regretting everything he had done. He told you that what he did was stupid, he said that he doesn’t care about distance or the tour, that nothing will stop him from loving you. He told you he will spend every free moment trying to see you. He told you that he’d understand if you never wanted to see him again and that he just needed to let you know that he will never love anyone as much as he loves you.

You’re speechless and all you can do is stare at his sad face. You hate seeing him like this. A smile forms on your face as you put your hand on his face. You stay like that for a few seconds and then say, “I love you so much, Nathan .” You pause to watch his face brighten a little. “I will never see myself with anyone else other than you. Of course I’m taking you back, I’m not letting someone like you just walk away with my heart, that easily.” You laugh through tears. Nathan sighs with relief and pulls you in for a big hug. Something about this hug feels so promising. You can feel his heart beating fast and you smile. You spend the night just talking about anything and everything. It feels right.