Chapter 47~ Leaving

Evan POV

I was down on the floor as the SWAT team came in and took out the two shooters. Yaz was being held down on the ground screaming obscenities as the cop chained her arms and legs. She looked crazed as they ball gagged her. When her eyes met mine I saw nothing but pure hate and rage. She tried worming her body towards me but the guard had pulled her up by the chains. One guard was in the front lifting her by the shoulders as the other one had her feet carrying her out the court room.

I looked around to see Ben literally on top of Lilly shielding her from any harm. My dad was next to me. He wasn't hurt but he did hit the ground pretty hard. We were questioned by detectives before they escorted us out to safety. There was media everywhere.

I watched as they rolled the judge out, it looked as if they had shot him in his face while the deputy was taken out covered up, dead.

"You all ride with us," Ben said as we were led to the bottom of the underground parking lot. We were given a police escort as we jumped in Lilly's limo.

"We can get your car later," Ben told my dad. My dad nodded and we were on our way. My dad had called my mom as we realized we had been in there for hours as they wanted to be sure there weren't anymore threats.

We arrived at my house and there were more media outlets. Everyone had heard the verdict but they were more interested in what happened after the verdict was read.

Ben got out first and shielded Lilly and then I got out. My mother was at the door waiting as we all walked in.

She grabbed my father first kissing him and then she held me tight.

"Thank God you are all okay," she said hugging Lilly and Ben. My sister along with my brother in law came in and we hugged.

We all took seats as my dad told the family what had transpired.

"...we are all lucky to be alive. Any of those bullets could have hit anyone of us. I had never seen anything like this in my life."

I could still see Lilly a little shaken by this. Ben held her hand as he gave her his strength. I excused myself and headed upstairs. I peeked in the nursery to find Lil and Eva sound to sleep. My heart smiled knowing that I was still alive to be here for them. I bent down and kissed both of them and patted their backs.

I walked into my bedroom and closed the door. I grabbed the lamp and threw it across the room and fell to my knees. The tears I had been holding in for so long had finally come spilling down my face. Why were all these bad things happening to me? Was I such a bad person that I was a marked man?

I just sat there and stared at floor hoping the answers would be given to me. I don't know how long I sat there but my mind went totally blank. I closed my eyes as the sunlight filtered through the bedroom window and wrapped me in it's warmth.

When I opened my eyes, I was lying on the floor curled up. I didn't remember falling asleep but I felt my eyes were heavy. I eased up and ran my hands down my face. I got up a little weak but was finally able to shake the cobwebs away.

I grabbed my suitcases and started to pack. I was leaving for California in the morning and my plane was leaving early. Once I was packed, I took a shower and got dressed. I sat on the bed with my head between my legs. I took a deep breath and grabbed my phone out my pocket.

I had turned off my phone but once it was turned on, I had over fifty messages including text, emails and calls. I didn't bother to scroll through the messages. There was one number I was looking for. It was a number that I never thought I would dial. I tapped on the name and the phone began to ring.